Cheap bastard awards....

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
lewis15498;1482355 said:
It would be one thing if this guy was in his build thread and was like "dammit I lost this!" and i had an extra I would mail it to him, and not expect anything in return. On the other hand he is openly begging for someone to ship it to him at their expense. Pathetic. Skip the coffee on the way to work one morning, bam, theres your $2 washer.

My feelings exactly. I'm all about helping people when they need it, but this guy doesn't need the help, he's just too cheap and lazy to go to the dealership and buy one himself. Hell, I gave a buddy of mine 11 JZ valve bucket shims because I knew he'd find a use for them and expected nothing in return (although a few months later when I was at his shop getting tuned he handed me a TRD oil cap out of the blue as a thank you for the shims which a friend of his needed). If he's rebuilding his motor and can't afford a $2 washer, he needs to sell his Supra. Whenever I do an upgrade or repair, I always plan for extra costs (like when my twins blew and I had to replace 4 hoses since they were all rock hard or had to be cut off due to a clamp being positioned wrong). Makes me wonder what his budget looks like.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
Truth is I have three complete sets sitting in a mayo jar along with the bolts. I am going to go to Sea Tac airport on the South side of Seattle tommorow, But I am NOT going to attempt to make an effort to help this guy. Am I being an Asshole, you bet am I selfish not at all. I have giving Honestabe a few things for free and he isn't my best buddy. I just gave Upgradedsupra permission to give my Shadow grey seat to a friend of his just to help out a fellow Supra owner.

But seriously not even an offer for a cup of coffee? Honestabe offered me lunch for a few cam sensor connectors. Who does this? It isn't the amount, But the principal behind the question that is my issue.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
mattsplat72;1482624 said:
Truth is I have three complete sets sitting in a mayo jar along with the bolts. I am going to go to Sea Tac airport on the South side of Seattle tommorow, But I am NOT going to attempt to make an effort to help this guy. Am I being an Asshole, you bet am I selfish not at all. I have giving Honestabe a few things for free and he isn't my best buddy. I just gave Upgradedsupra permission to give my Shadow grey seat to a friend of his just to help out a fellow Supra owner.

But seriously not even an offer for a cup of coffee? Honestabe offered me lunch for a few cam sensor connectors. Who does this? It isn't the amount, But the principal behind the question that is my issue.

Yessir! Speaking of which if you need any hardware I just organized my collection by size and type :naughty: Know of anyone local that needs a new pair of valve cover gaskets? I have a pair hanging on my wall.

If people need help, I'll help them. But if they blatently just ask for something for free, I'll make sure I don't help them. I say no handouts, only hand ups. No I won't give you something for completely free, you must earn it (even if that payment is just the promise to help someone else in need, as Matt asked of me when helping me out).

Shaz

You are being, illogical
Jan 12, 2009
Brownslow, London
A set of washers? Srsly?

I wouldn't have the cheek to ask for something like that. I've been given stuff for free by guys on other forums I go on, little stuff for my Golf like a front splitter and a trim set (ok and my friend hooked me up some front seats) but at the end of the day it's an offer. I dropped off a case of beer at my friend's yesterday because he hooked me up with loads of spares and helped me fix stuff over the last couple of months.

If you're offered then yeah, if you ask for a freebie then you deserve to be bitched about. If I want something really cheap I always offer beer money for it and you usually get a good responce.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I have more sympathy for begging... this is more along the lines of the bullshit passive-aggressive "oh, you don't want that, it's worthless... here, I'll get it out of your way..." garbage my sisters and their daughters try to pull.

SURUKO

making the supra better..
Jan 8, 2007
The tropical island....
if he cant buy a washer expect a bhg thread near in the future

ive been always in a no-budget build but i never beg anyone for nothing if i cant afford it i just leave it until i have the moneys to do it right and i have a group of supra friend's to ask first :icon_bigg

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
SupraMario;1482176 said:
I'm also trying to figure out which mod...ehhmm female mod, changed my sig to be a girl as the 1jz....

Edit, never mind...

Grim did it...

Dave you're not so sneaky....and a woman??? Why a woman?

Your wife put you up to this didn't she!
LOL - I was wondering how long it would take for you to notice. Not that I've been very secretive about it... and I deliberately left a clear path back to me so you could figure it out. :)

Why a woman? Think about it... the 1J is sexy, but it's got no muscle, read: torque. Can you think of a better way to describe a girl?

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
IJ.;1482657 said:
It was 1 washer so he expected someone to break a set AND pay for the postage..... :nono:

Now THAT'S gangsta....

6a00e554ad49248833011570604475970c-800wi

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
I give head to anyone who helps me out with car parts! Know anyone with a strange rear end set up for a ma70?, i'm chasing one...:naughty:

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
wiseco7mgt;1483327 said:
I give head to anyone who helps me out with car parts! Know anyone with a strange rear end set up for a ma70?, i'm chasing one...:naughty:

WOW!

I think you mean 'heed'.... awkward.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Well, the guy finally bought one from Toyota. Can't give him shit now as it is possible that he really didn't just want to PP someone $.50... personally I'd have PP'd $5.00 just for the trouble and it's kind of my personal limit.