Centralia or Bust! ......Delilahs build

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
I allways stay over on the west side for a night or two with friends. I think everyone else usually takes 90 back over but Im not sure.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Did some work this weekend. Most of it was helping my brother with his car. Last summer someone backed into his car in a parking lot, big old ford F350 claimed it wasnt his fault, and with no other witnesses we were SOL.

Heres what it looked like right after it happened.
p1300191_1.jpg

Heres what it looked like after we worked on it for about 45 minutes, This was basically just all ram work. We actually had to build a special foot to get in there because of the bracing just to the inside of the dent.
p1300191_2.jpg
p1300191_3.jpg
p1300191_3.jpg

Heres how far we got after about 2 and a half hours when we called it a night. We started pretty late so it was after 1 at this time.

p1300191_5.jpg
p1300191_6.jpg

The hand of god! lol good timing on this pic, bears an uncanny resemblance to Michelangelo's creation of adam.
p1300191_7.jpg

A shot of the bare trunk with everything removed.
p1300191_8.jpg

Everything that was removed
p1300191_9.jpg

After another hour or so the following day, this is as far as we got this weekend.
p1300191_10.jpg
p1300191_11.jpg
p1300191_12.jpg

Still needs a few more hours of attention but its at the point where most body shops even decent ones would bondo it. I think we will see how straight we can get it and then either hit it with a tiny bit of mud, or ask my dads friend who does old school all metal finishing what he would want to finish it up. Toyota definitely used good quality steel on these cars, had great memory which made it very nice to work with compared to some newer cars.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
GC89;1297813 said:
and Luis in the classic 80's pathfinder!

Its a 93! Its newer than the supe which is kinda sad. I'm still on the wall as to whether i can make it out to centralia with you guys. I start summer session the week after finals. Hopefully we can have a solid day of tuning with your car so i can help you get it to peak performance. Would really like to have a chance to do some tuning on a supra this summer even if it aint mine.

Good work on the car man your dad definitely knows his shit.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
americanjebus;1300205 said:
Its a 93! Its newer than the supe which is kinda sad. I'm still on the wall as to whether i can make it out to centralia with you guys. I start summer session the week after finals. Hopefully we can have a solid day of tuning with your car so i can help you get it to peak performance. Would really like to have a chance to do some tuning on a supra this summer even if it aint mine.

Good work on the car man your dad definitely knows his shit.

My bad, lol I was guessing late 80's. Think you'll have some time durring dead week to do a little tuning?

My dad deffinately knows his stuff. Hes shown me alot but I have to give him credit for how good it looks thus far.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
I'v been runing without a shroud for over a year so I finally dedided to glass up the crack on mine.

good as new, well stronger than new.

p1302184_1.jpg
p1302184_2.jpg

I should have taken a pick after it was smoothed out and hit with paint but oh well its a fan shroud right

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Heres another little project I started working on. Since I no longer need an AFM I had to rework my intake setup a bit. I decided to stick with the apexi filter I already had since they have the best filtration and flow.

I figured it was easy enough to make my own adaper rather than buy apexis.

Heres the flange freshly finished on the lathe

p1303307_1.jpg
p1303307_2.jpg

and the neck all cleaned up

p1303307_3.jpg

A shot of how the taper matches up to the filter

p1303307_4.jpg
p1303307_5.jpg

Cory, Im not sure what Im going to do with the shell yet. If it were a hardtop and was more there, I would probably throw a new subframe in and make it a track car. Ill probably just part it out the rest of th way and use it for some mach ups in the mean time.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Finished up the adapter

p1304615_1.jpg

Did some more lathe work and gave it a nice Velocity stack. All polished and purdy!

p1304615_2.jpg
p1304615_3.jpg
p1304615_4.jpg

All put together

p1304615_5.jpg
p1304615_6.jpg

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
I also had to modify my accordion replacement to account for no afm taking up space!!! ::w00t:: I wasn't patient enough to properly smooth out the weld as I just wanted this thing on the road! Spring took way to long this year. Ill give it some more attention down the line when I do a batch of ceramic coating.

p1306139_1.jpg

The bay really needs a cleaning its gotten dusty from sitting open all winter. I'll find the motivation to clean it before Centrailia.

p1306139_2.jpg

and as you can see I have the new intake adapter on as well as my shroud. The crack is hidden nicely under the water neck, you would never know.

Time For Tuning!!!!!!!!!!! ahem Calling Luis

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Nice welding! I have my Apex'i filter/intake pulling cold air in from underneath the headlight (it fits easily because I have really small modded headlights) I always try to recommend a cold air intake after I read that IJ recorded around 20 degrees colder intake temps from the mod on his car.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
upgradedsupra;1306194 said:
3 weeks away! :)

Yep, getting close. I'm going to finally get to see your car all done this year right?

I don't have enough room to get the filter outside the bay with my current set up. My IC pipes go under the headlight now. Eventually I think I will either change that, Build a FFIM or build an air box.

We got dusted with snow this morning so no tuning today :madfawk: Fuck you Mother nature!!

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
GC89;1306370 said:
Yep, getting close. I'm going to finally get to see your car all done this year right?

I don't have enough room to get the filter outside the bay with my current set up. My IC pipes go under the headlight now. Eventually I think I will either change that, Build a FFIM or build an air box.

We got dusted with snow this morning so no tuning today :madfawk: Fuck you Mother nature!!

lol, all done this year? I hope to be there, I have a few things to do still.

Snow? Dang, sunny here. :icon_bigg

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
She’s ready to go! Me and Luis did some tuning today, well I drove and commented on what the wideband was doing while he fixed it on the laptop in between pulls . It went so much faster than earlier this week when I was working on the low and mid load tunes for cruise by my self. Start Log.....Stop log......pull over......replay.....tweak......repeat, it was very time consuming. We got her pulling harder at 7-8 psi through the gears than previously at 10-11 so it was a big difference. Once my fuel pump shows up I'll probably step back up to 10 maybe 12psi but I don’t want to push the stock CT too hard. The last thing I need is it grenading on me and I have a little something in the works to remedy the need for this fear anyways. :naughty:

Thanks again Luis for all your help.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Hey GC89, I have an interview with Schwietzer next week. I'm going to try to arrange it for a phone interview; but, if I have to head over there, I'll be in my Supra!! We'll have to hook up!

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Hey no prob. Ryan, anytime. It's been a while since i had a chance to tune made me really miss my car. I was starting to worry when the AFRs only dropped down to 14.00 at 7 psi.

I was surprised at how much better we got that fuel curve to look after just an hour and a half. Guess it helped to have the boost controller "on". Lemme know how the drive over to centralia goes. Mileage should be pretty good with the way its running.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Ya Kenny for sure, let me know. Blake works at Schwietzer and I bet we could get him out for a cruise or just to BS at least.

I was a little worried too at first. Especially after my first boosting log where my afr looked like a heart monitor. Its great now though, I swear with my stock suspension my car squated going into 2nd lol.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Ok. I should know by tomorrow. If you don't hear from me, assume that I was able to arrange a phone interview.

As far as Centralia goes, I can hook up with you guys in Ellensburg. Or maybe Vantage. What would be better?

It looks like I'll be the only Supra heading out from here. :(

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
CajunKenny;1310770 said:
Ok. I should know by tomorrow. If you don't hear from me, assume that I was able to arrange a phone interview.

As far as Centralia goes, I can hook up with you guys in Ellensburg. Or maybe Vantage. What would be better?

It looks like I'll be the only Supra heading out from here. :(

Ellensburg is probably easier for you, Vantage is fine too but you would be backtracking a bit as I assume your heading up 82. Our caravan is rapidly shrinking too, well wasn't much to begin with. Luis wasn't bringing his car but now he cant make it at all, Im hoping blake makes it so it will probably only be the 3 of us, 4 once we meet up with you.