Central FL mk3's???

highonoctane16

your mom goes to college
Apr 4, 2005
pensacola / tuscaloosa/ orlando
Shows what I know. I went home for the summer and everything shuts down. UC7 was always seemed to be a higher class group of cars/people towards the beginning of the school year, but just went downhill as the year went by. The times I went there were only a couple of idiots, but they kept it out of he parking lot for the most part.

Is the Goldenrod meet on Wednesdays? I dont usually go to them just for the hell of it, but if enough mk3 guys chime in I'd be more than happy to.

On another note, does anyone have/know somebody with a welder? Unfortunately, it wasnt too practical to bring mine along since I live in an apt. complex...

Spiv

hooligan
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando, Fl
still wednesdays, 9.30 or so it gets jumpin. Not sure if it's still going, but they were also doing a UCF car club thing in the north garage on wednesdays. I stopped going when it turned into an f-body gathering week after week.

And actually yeah, I have a portable MIG (gasless), whatcha need?

highonoctane16

your mom goes to college
Apr 4, 2005
to make a simple adapter from my stock manifold to my sp67, dump tube for my wg, and modfiy my dp a little bit. If it will fit without hitting the strut tower... where are you in orlando spiv? -dan

oh yeah. all my friends in pcola have fbodies...it cant be that bad of a time!

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
The guy with the white MKIII (papa john pizza boy) is a cool guy talked too him before its N/A and auto and he hates from what I ve heard lately he almost traded it for a Hyndia tiberon from what Ive heard

Last edited:

highonoctane16

your mom goes to college
Apr 4, 2005
supradan22 said:
The guy with the white MKIII (papa john pizza boy) is a cool guy talked too him before its N/A and auto and he hates from what I ve heard lately he almost traded it for a Hyndia tiberon from what Ive heard

It's n/a and auto. . .who can really blame him? :icon_bigg

Oh I'm just kidding. I used to own an n/a too, so I'm allowed to talk bad about them.

Spiv

hooligan
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando, Fl
highonoctane16: I'm on lake underhill, near the waterford lakes plaza. If you've got the pieces all cut and ready to go we could put them together one afternoon when we're both free. Just keep in mind the gasless don't make welds as pretty as a welder that has gas that both shields and cools (instead of just shielding).

SuPrADr1Ft786: davenport doesn't sound too bad, boonies doesn't sound too bad if there are places to play with the cars a little. I assume there's no track?

supradan22: heh, should have known it was an N/A. Someone just hint to him that the problem isn't the supra, it's the lack of turbo.

highonoctane16

your mom goes to college
Apr 4, 2005
Spiv said:
highonoctane16: I'm on lake underhill, near the waterford lakes plaza. If you've got the pieces all cut and ready to go we could put them together one afternoon when we're both free. Just keep in mind the gasless don't make welds as pretty as a welder that has gas that both shields and cools (instead of just shielding).

I'm well aware of the capabilities (and limitations) of flux cored wire. :bigthumb: I have a little 115v Lincoln Electric myself.

I'm really weighing my options right now. I'm tempted to buy a cheap-o ebay manifold and hope for the best, just to get me by until I can do it right. Bottom line is I dont want this pretty turbo and wg sitting in the box until I go home for christmas. I dont know what I'm going to do..

In any case, thanks for the offer to help!

I second the vote for a boonies BBQ or something like that. Im not sure where Davenport is, but if it is in between Tampa and Orlando, that works out well. Each group could cruise down together. (I dont want to sound like we're inviting ourselves) Spiv said it all....It could be really good if there are some hassle free back roads in your area. Just my .02 Dan

SuPrADr1Ft786

Apr 5, 2005
Davenport, Florida, United States
Theres no track over here, but there is places where you can do some drag and drifting, its just my car has been down and I cant really look around for more places. And as far as back roads go, we have 1 pretty good one, takes u all the way to West Colonial, and I can look for some BBQ areas, the only I know of is the one in my neighborhood, has a basketball court as well.

highonoctane16

your mom goes to college
Apr 4, 2005
Anybody else noticed that it's pretty much the 4 of us talking back and forth? haha, regardless, 4 mkiii's in one place would be the second biggest showing I've seen personally. And speedworld isnt too bad..$10 to watch $15 to run...although the track prep is usually pretty poor, so dont set shoot for a fantastic time. Oh yeah. I saw a black mk3 with a bra today right by ucf, had 89+tails and bumper with and 87-88 wing. Too bad I was riding with my buddy in his saturn!

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
I that 1 is also another N/A supra I think he works at perkins if im not mistaken lot of N/A supras in the UCF I know somebody else who come too the meet duno if you have seen a Dark gray supra with a Camero Lip arround.

JD7Monster

Jul 6, 2005
Orlando, FL
Hey, not to go off topic, anyone in CFL have a good coilpack i could borrow for a lil bit? My car stopped firing today.. and im pretty screwed cuz this is my dailydriver.
i'm in Sanford..
My cell is 321-377-5398
If anyone could help that'd be great

highonoctane16

your mom goes to college
Apr 4, 2005
too bad my parts car is back in pensacola, id let you borrow my spare. Are you sure it's the coilpack? They dont go bad too terribly often.. What are the symptoms? If you want to get together and swap around parts to figure out what it is, I'm sure we could meet up somewhere. Oh yeah, there's also a junkyard in cocoa beach that I use pretty often. they usually have a few mk3's on their lot. They might have one for cheap. Just let me know. Dan.

JD7Monster

Jul 6, 2005
Orlando, FL
Well, at first it was running horrible intermintantly, missing at any amount of throttle.. until i got into boost, than it would pull fine. Than it developed into crappy idle/crappy running, it sounded like a lawnmower.
Now theres no spark at all.. It seems that the starter works during the day, but not at night. Now it turns over but wont fire.
so i'm stuck here cuz its basically my daily driver. lol

JD7Monster

Jul 6, 2005
Orlando, FL
I live in Sanford (kinda far up) Ive been using a wire probe that i've been using to get a general idea of whats working an whats not

highonoctane16

your mom goes to college
Apr 4, 2005
haha, yeah, that is kinda far up. I was thinking you were closer by. If I'm ever in the area I'll let you know though. Just start at the plugs and go from there.. plugs, then wires, then coil packs, then cps & igniter, then wire harness and ecu. make sure the coil pack is bolted down (grounded) and check the rest of your grounds too. Just my .02. Good luck!

JD7Monster

Jul 6, 2005
Orlando, FL
I'll test all that tonite after work, I have a guy from work hopefully bringing me an extra igniter today, hopefully that should fix it.
I dont get why its doing this, its a relativly new engine.