Calgary Ab Canada mk3 build

drift zamurai

Sep 1, 2013
Airdrie Alberta
hello guys and gals,

For thoughs of you who do not no me personaly or on other forums, My name is Lloyd Strepaniuk. Im 26 live in calgary, currently getting ready to do my last you in automotives and get my red seal. Im lead hand in the mechanic shop i work for. Im vary far in to my supra build but i will start my build thread on day one and up date you guys daily till we are up to date and curent on my build. I love to write and take pics so if you like to read and look at pics join my journey in injoy it like i have for the goods and bads. so lets start with my first incounter of the supra mk3.

HISTORY WITH MY NEW LOVE.

It was a cold ass winter day here in cow town back in 2009, think it was january or somthing. i was minding my own bussness working on a customer vehical. A flat bed tow truck came in to are parking lot with a black 1987 toyota supra turbo. dident think much of it at the time do to being bussy. The tow truck driver just happend to park it in the back parking row facing my work bay, just dumped her right in to a snow bank with no cair in the world. After awial it was tormenting me seeing her looking in to my bay. she almost looked like she was wimpering one light down and the other half up, with the front bumper dug in to the snow she looked like it was frowning haha, i awaited anchessly stairing at the work order board to find out what the car needed so i could be the one to work on it, But that time never cam. I talk to the service advisors about it but no one seemed to know what it was there for. It was not till about a week later my boss came to me and sayed '' look at my new project'' instent jelusy across my face. My boss just wanted to rub it in because he new i had allready fell in love with the car. some time went by, and the car was never tuched. So at that time i sayed to my self looking at the car through the glass of the shop '' one day you will be mine and never look like this again''. i bugged my boss alot cuz he never worked on it not even to just look at it. about 2 years went by since it first showed up, I started beleaving it was just going to dissapear and there was nothing i could do about it. My love was lost. i decided i would look for somthing cheap i can build up, working in the shop i was acustomed to realy nice and fast cars driving them daily. I decided i would look for the next best thing and found a 89 240sx hatchback. that monday morning i asked the boss if i could park the car i was about to buy in the parking lot...... lown anbehold the question.

''WILL YOU BUY MY SUPRA''

as i stude there all dumb founded i did not know what to say. it was like a perposal so of corse i sayed yes. i never found this car it found me. It was ment to be. and like i sayed it would never be treated like it was in the past. after the snow started melting i decided to pull her out of the snow bank and see what i had. after cleaning her up this is what she looked like.

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• Picture096.jpg
    Picture096.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 48
  • supra.jpg
    supra.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Celicasupra1983

Jan 8, 2013
Edmonton
That looks pretty clean! I just not 3 months ago got rid of a 87 turbo that was in really rough shape... Traded it with a motorcycle to get another supra an 89 turbo. Anywho! Welcome to the addiction! I currently at my resistance have 3 supras! Have had 7 so far... 4 mk3s and 3 mk2s... The mk3s have been my dads and the mk2s have been mine..

Good luck!!

drift zamurai

Sep 1, 2013
Airdrie Alberta
Ok part 2 lol,

After getting the car in to the shop, car did not run. So first thing was to throw a battery in. Car started after some liquid incregment good old eather. Fired up. Ok cool decided to take it for a little drive around the block. Drove like crap but the car had been sitting in a shed of a very long time 15 years to be exact. Ok well the gas was that old too then, decided to drain the gas fill with 94 octane. Took it back out ran a little bit better but still poo. But it got super bussy at work so I had to put her back out side for a week before I could play again. Will I waited I ordered new plugs wires air filter new synthetic oil for engine train and diff. Following weekend put every thing in. Now at least it would fire up no problom , drove not too bad by this time but no turbo power. Drove like my neon haha. The vacume lines where all cracked. Replaced what I could see any how. Again took it out for another spin but now it was spring so weather was good. I herd and felt the turbo for the first time. It was great, well tillni took my budys turbo mk3 for a drive to compare cars his was stock too. I was now disipointed my car did not have the power he had. Back to the drawing board, well the hoist. The shop bought a fancy smoke machine for checking vacume lines and what not so I hooked it up and found a lot more leakingunder the intake and also the egr valve. First and fformost , egr delete went in and fixed the vacume leaks. A couple weeks went by fixing all of it. Finally took the car out. Drove great I was at 5 pounds of boost but it was still low compared to factory specs of 7 to 10 psi. Yet again back to the hoist for further diag. I decided it was prob a boost leak from the inter cooler pipes or something so I hooked up the smoke machine again and found that all the clamps where loose for the pipeing and there was dirty oil on them prob from the oil leaks I new about before changing the oil. Well one of the rubber if pipes was cracked so I pulled it. (Big mistake). I had a descusting oil shower 2L or so of it all in my if pipeing. Later found out the old turbo blew up and new one put in but if pipeing was never cleaned or replaced. So crap saved my pennies replaced the if pipeing cleaned everything by this time it was July. Car was running great. 10 psi boost all day. Sept rolled around got a coolent leak. The cross over tube that runs under intake and exhaust sprung a leak and broke the pipe. Changed the pipe by the way, crappyest thing to change on that engine 7mgte. After it was all sead and done car was back up and running for the rest of the summer. Fall rolled around and desired to park her, that week my dodge neon sold for a couple grand so I decided to make a deal with a friend at work witch is the painter at are body shop. So now that the car was running good it was time to make it look good too.

drift zamurai

Sep 1, 2013
Airdrie Alberta
THE TARE DOWN,

So after the agreement was made we when straight too body work as soon at the owners left for mexico for 5 months witch gave use some time. first thing was to asses the damage. passenger front fender damaged right rear quarter panel had bondo cracking and same with the roofe.

decided to keep everything original so we properly fixed the fenders, rotting had accured where the mud flap went so I chopped it off and made a new peace from garbage fenders at the shop. wial we where at it I deleted the rear wiper and motor and welded a penni in the hole and a loonie where the antenna went. :)

the section I chopped out

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I love the 88 nose on your car. Sometimes I wish I had kept mine that way.. :)

Well.. I still have mine in the garage hanging on the wall if I need.. lol. Your wheels rub at all with that set up? No wheel gap and not total slamnation... nice height.

drift zamurai

Sep 1, 2013
Airdrie Alberta
thanks, but ya they rub but that's because I just have lowering springs need to get me some coil overs I had to roll the inside edge on the fenders and quarters but if I was half inch higher I would not rub and wouldent have to roll the fenders. but once the interior overhall is done in the spring I will be doing a complete suspention over hall ;)

drift zamurai

Sep 1, 2013
Airdrie Alberta
Now that the engine and body work is done, it is time for a little waight reduction. Stripped out the interior and sold it to grandavi. Won't be needing it no more :). Started by pulling the heat or core witch I won't be using eather, but am replacing for a Minny heator box with defrost and a single floor vent just for the chilly morning and evening drives. Lighter then vactory unit and i can get rid of all the pluming for vents and heator controler. This thing is so small so it will fit nicely behind the glove box. Has a low med high switch that fits where the Sig lighter was :). Also chissleing the sound reasoning out and removing all the insulation on the fire wall.

drift zamurai

Sep 1, 2013
Airdrie Alberta
Hey, back with a little update, here is a list of stuff in the mail coming to me

- enkei rpf1 18x9.5 all around
- burnt titanium neo Crome lugs
- full battle version suspension
- beech front control arms
- Megan track coil overs
- shine auto carbon fiber rear over fenders
- rocket bunny carbon fiber front fenders
- rocket bunny carbon fiber spoiler
- C7 bomex carbon fiber side skirts
- rain visors carbon fiber
- head light bezels carbon fiber
- front lip carbon fiber.

Wail I wait for everything to come in the mail I grabed a few things for the interior

Also playing with gauge layouts

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
it seems that I always love the alberta builds....

interested to see those body mods, should be over the top... do you intend on leaving them raw or painting them black to match?

drift zamurai

Sep 1, 2013
Airdrie Alberta
#04;1997187 said:
it seems that I always love the alberta builds....

interested to see those body mods, should be over the top... do you intend on leaving them raw or painting them black to match?

I will be keeping them raw my friend. Everything is in twill, love the look of cf don't know y people paint over it, but each to there own ;)