Bought another modded Mk3, pics inside

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
so, i am assuming this is coming to centrailia next spring?
i dont hang around SM much anymore so i was not aware that you got another car. looks real nice! makes me wish i woulda done that 2j in mine.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Jayhall;1469302 said:
Something with four doors and 4x4

4X4 not needed in winter here, just wipers and a rain coat for the most part. If we get snow, it is so little, it doesn't make sense to even add snow tires. ;)

AGAIN, I had talked over this with Dave as far as adding another car, he won't, been there, done that. (although I wish he would)

Duane

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
upgradedsupra;1469503 said:
4X4 not needed in winter here, just wipers and a rain coat for the most part. If we get snow, it is so little, it doesn't make sense to even add snow tires. ;)

AGAIN, I had talked over this with Dave as far as adding another car, he won't, been there, done that. (although I wish he would)

Duane

Needed, No. Wanted, hell yes. Dont you remember last year Duane? The only thing that got in my way was the stranded idiots who didnt have snow tires. Besides, 4x4s are useful in the summer too. Who doesnt love camping and getting muddy once and a while??

Actually, snow tires are designed to perform in temps lower that 7 degrees celsius, All seasons loose their elasticity at 5 degrees celsius above freezing. So even in the cold weather, winter tires are never a poor decision. And for the record, the only reason I put snow tires on my truck was because they were free, aslong as I use them. But let me know when you TRD Yaris is snowed in, Ill come drive you around ;) lol

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Jayhall;1469948 said:
Needed, No. Wanted, hell yes. Dont you remember last year Duane? The only thing that got in my way was the stranded idiots who didnt have snow tires. Besides, 4x4s are useful in the summer too. Who doesnt love camping and getting muddy once and a while??

Actually, snow tires are designed to perform in temps lower that 7 degrees celsius, All seasons loose their elasticity at 5 degrees celsius above freezing. So even in the cold weather, winter tires are never a poor decision. And for the record, the only reason I put snow tires on my truck was because they were free, as long as I use them. But let me know when you TRD Yaris is snowed in, Ill come drive you around ;) lol

You have a point for the less experience people.

I grew up in real snow, you guys call this snow, even last year was a joke compared to what I grew up in. ;) Don't worry Daryl, I will not get stuck, trust me. I actually drove around 4x4's last year, with chains on my car. (and my dd is lowered as you know) So in essence, you won't be driving around me, sorry to disappoint, not in your truck or your car. :icon_razz

A small story here. The side streets were packed, and normal cars couldn't go through. I had my chains on to get back and forth for the kids, this guy in a 4x4 stopped on purpose to get me stuck. I lol, and then he took off, I was on his bumper!! :biglaugh: He was probably laughing thinking he was to get me stuck, nope. Damn "N" drivers. :3d_frown:

Duane

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Jayhall;1469985 said:
ive got chains too. Cant be to careful.

LOL cool! Well, funny thing is, the 4x4's that were in my way had snow tires and because they were "4x4" they took middle of road. I passed one, stopped, and said, "stay on the side if you can't make it up" he was pissed and I went along and went up the hill. :D (chains on of course)

I went to Whistler yesterday in hopes of tons of snow for a fun drive, nope, not much on the roads yet, just on the mountain.

Duane

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
GREAT BUY. THAT supra is badass. I bet it was well worth it. Kinda how my brother is such a Honda fan (he owns a NSX) after seeing my supra run.... he went out and bought a pristine condition 85 Supra all black. 53k original miles:aigo:. Some things are just well worth it.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Jayhall;1469302 said:
Something with four doors and 4x4
I'd love to have one, but I don't think I can justify it... and my mainly scottish wallet is really grumbly about the idea. Still, you never know...

SMP142;1469492 said:
so, i am assuming this is coming to centrailia next spring?
i dont hang around SM much anymore so i was not aware that you got another car. looks real nice! makes me wish i woulda done that 2j in mine.
Don't see why not. Love the PNW meets - lots of great cars, and, more importantly, lots of great people.

NewWestSupras;1469508 said:
Very nice car, Dave. Congrats on the new aquisition! I'll be dying for a ride in that next year, keep me in mind, bro.
Add your name to the list! Sounds like I could open my own carnival ride...

2jz88mk3;1469877 said:
GrimJack we got snow right now, go get some!
While I'm sure you do, I, on the other hand, was in Mexico. I'm back in San Diego now, but even so, it's a balmy 22 degrees C here, no need for snow *anything*.

Jayhall;1469948 said:

Actually, snow tires are designed to perform in temps lower that 7 degrees celsius, All seasons loose their elasticity at 5 degrees celsius above freezing. So even in the cold weather, winter tires are never a poor decision. And for the record, the only reason I put snow tires on my truck was because they were free, aslong as I use them. But let me know when you TRD Yaris is snowed in, Ill come drive you around ;) lol
Why deny yourself any advantage? There's no way to claim they aren't far better than all season tires in the cold and wet... It's not like snow tires are going to add to your tire budget significantly. Your regular tires will just last longer.

Hmong_1G;1471084 said:
GREAT BUY. THAT supra is badass. I bet it was well worth it. Kinda how my brother is such a Honda fan (he owns a NSX) after seeing my supra run.... he went out and bought a pristine condition 85 Supra all black. 53k original miles:aigo:. Some things are just well worth it.
Love the Mk2, too. One day I'll find one as nice as this Mk3, and then I'm going to need a bigger garage!!!

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
For some insane reason you couldn't pass it up?

Hell...I think you're perfectly sane. It even has a rear sunshade.

Beautiful purchase, have fun with it and be safe about it! :) I would LOVE SO MUCH to have a car like that!

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
lol at snow here, it was a few flakes. HAHAHA It was nice today, cleaned the DD and garage with a T shirt on. Weather is not bad here.

Duane

PS: My parts will be here next week Dave!! :icon_bigg

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
+2 on the short sleeves Duane. Dave man you have got to come down for the meets. me and some of my friends are going to be doing some drives next season.

Hwy 20 to winthrope
south to lake chelan for an over night stay . And then down to wenatchee and back over stevens pass. I would love to have some of you guys from Canada down for this.

What I dont understand is why you dont take advantage of the importation laws and get a turbo diesel hilux or one of those Delica's So really cool JDM options on cars and trucks. unless you are selling one to pay for the other ( one way or another wink)