GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
upgradedsupra;1467579 said:
It's a "HE" :icon_razz

Duane
Not according to my wife! My car competes with the wife for time, attention, and $$$, which invokes the occasional jealous rage, and there's no way she's going to be jealous of a male anything.

I try to stay off the roads when it snows, but this *will* be my only vehicle. I've never believed in having a separate daily driver.

2jz88mk3

Dec 31, 2008
GVRA
GrimJack;1467673 said:
I've never believed in having a separate daily driver.

Try owning *just* a z31 300zx. It will only be a few months before you've taken all of your family members cars to work and some of your friends while shes in the shop.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
2jz88mk3;1467678 said:
Try owning *just* a z31 300zx. It will only be a few months before you've taken all of your family members cars to work and some of your friends while shes in the shop.

Problem is the 300. ;) Dave has a 2JZ no shit engine in that car. :biglaugh:

I have known Dave for years, he drove his Supra all the time, rain, snow, sand storms (ok, we don't get them) and Hurricanes, (ok, we don't have those either) you get the point. :biglaugh:

Duane

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Duane is 110% correct. I've driven from Canada to Las Vegas and back, through the mountains here in summer and winter, to and from California, north to Alaska, and everywhere in between. It's been in rain, snow, through bugs so thick they looked like falling leaves in a windstorm (Duane should remember that one, he was driving his car through it too) and heat well above 100F. Oddly enough, it's still in damn fine shape, because I take care of it.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
GrimJack;1467673 said:
I try to stay off the roads when it snows, but this *will* be my only vehicle. I've never believed in having a separate daily driver.

What's happening to the other blue car? The new one is gorgeous, by the way. :)

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
GrimJack;1468030 said:
Wash, wax, vacuum, pictures, and in the for sale section it'll go. I'll be sorry to see her go, but that won't stop me from selling her.

Man, I must say, I do appreciate your outlook/view on cars. Although, I'm not practicing what I preach, you are truely enjoying them for everything they are worth by driving them everyday and even selling the one knowing that you only have one butt.. Now if I could convince myself to do the same, my supra would once again have an engine in it and actually be seen at some of the meets.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Hey Grim, absolutely beautiful car! I have always loved this car! Congrats and you better drive that thing hard! Here are some pictures I saved who knows how long ago of his engine bay, just sick!:
p1468058_1.jpg

p1468058_2.jpg

p1468058_3.jpg

p1468058_4.jpg

Seth

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
honestabe;1467474 said:
Oh, and thank you Dave for keeping this beautiful and well built Supra in our community and in good hands. I'd hate to see it go to some rich kid who doesn't have a clue and would probably destroy it in one way or another.

That would not have happened. I sold it to Dave for a reason, I know he is a true Supra enthusiast and will take care of it. Bit sad to hear it will be driven on the salty sandy roads but its not my car anymore.

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
GrimJack;1468361 said:
Thanks for those, Seth. I've been trying to dig up all the pics I can from this car's history, and I'm pretty sure I don't have those yet.

Dave bring your USB stick again when we meet to transport the rest of the parts. I will load on all my build pictures, maybe bring a portable hard drive there are a lot.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Jayhall;1468419 said:
Dave, snow tires... you call, we talk? We got some real nice Garrett KX's left on the shelf
For this year I'll probably stick with the Michelins I've already got. The rears are close to being done though, I might have to pick up another pair... they are stock sawblade size.

Don't worry about me driving this in salt anytime soon - I'll finish out this winter in my old car while I get all the little things sorted on the new one. Who knows what will happen by next winter!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
GrimJack;1467673 said:

What about a summer daily driver and winter daily driver?