Bluechulappa's 89Turbo restoration

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
So I finally decided to take the new moldings out of the package and put em on the car! It was a lot less painful then I thought! I'm missing two moldings... Can you tell?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Yuck
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Then I washed it again
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

New glass going in thursday of this next week!

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
I have a question maybe someone can help me out. The screw on my manual boost controller came out the other day and I lost the spring and bolt. I replaced the bolt but I'm running without the spring? I'm trying to figure out what the spring does? Cause it runs fine with out it...

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Thanks for the kind words guys... Targa top going to the body shop tomorrow to get the dent fixed. And on thursday new windshield and glass moldings being installed. Also probably gonna take the rear bumper off this week for prep for paint and send the new front bumper off with it along with mirrors and roof!

Does anyone know my question about manual boost controllers?

And I need yall's opinion! To tint or not to tint? Texas heat is pretty brutal!!!

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
always tint those windows, at least to help save your interior. why are you installing all the new parts if you are gonna have to take them all off to get the car painted? unless you don't plan on taking of the trim and bumpers. i would wait on the windshield until after it is painted.

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
My used 89+ moldings are up for sale. I'm selling the whole set! If anyone is interested or knows someone looking for a set lemme know.

Update* supra is at the body shop. New windshield and black moldings around the glass has been installed. Waiting for them to paint the bumper rood and mirrors and buff the whole car!!!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Good work on that car. Must be nice to have seemingly endless funds for OEM parts, lol. Having Steven around is nice as well and Im sure you know Ken by now as well. Please take care of that car and dont fall victim to too heavy of a left foot.

edit: Oops...right foot. Whats funny is that I keep doing that even though Im concious of the fact its wrong....some sort of mental block.

Last edited: