Bluechulappa's 89Turbo restoration

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
Eh, I skipped that project. The guy at the auto store didn't know what I should use. He showed me some bumper sticker remover but I didn't think it would work to great so I didn't buy it.

I cleaned up a few engine pieces. Sanded the rings on top of the strut towers and painted them black to get rid of the rusty look. Painted the radiator brackets that hold the radiator to the top. Those came out great. Finally put that brand new coil pack cover on and did some other misc cleaning. Oh and I replaced the whole bracket that holds the A/C fans with a new shiny black one! Did some stuff to the interior as well. Put the red lights in the doors! haha Like I said just random projects yesterday

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Don't worry young son. I will take new pics tomorrow at the houston-imports meet! Still got that vacuum leak but it only occurs sometimes when it's cold. No more jerking. I dunno what that was but it has since stopped. Been driving the supra alot more and she is running great. I brought her to school today. Parked all lonely outside with all the other cars :ugh:

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
So I figure since today is a crappy day outside here I will work on putting my new cold start injector into the intake manifold. My car doesn't start up on the first time anymore since I replaced the head gasket but will start up on the first time after running...

I also got a bunch of other parts I need to put on but I have been lazy to do it. I have a new battery harness thing for the battery terminals that connects the grounds and runs to the alt and whatnot.

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
JDM TYTE SHIZZ
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Was a bugger to replace i had to take the tb off and all tha junk!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Bluechulappa;948560 said:
JDM TYTE SHIZZ
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Was a bugger to replace i had to take the tb off and all tha junk!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

^ How much did that cost you from Toyota cause i need to replace mine

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
For real huh!

JDMMA70: it was around $170 give or take from toyota

I think it solved the problem for me though. It seems to start on the first try now! Like it use to before I tore the engine down...

I need to go do some more stuff. I have an oil leak somewhere from the turbo oil feed line. I also need a hog ring plier so I can put the back seat seat cover on the foam pad and fram so I can get my back seats assembled! I have not had the back seats in the car since it was in the warehouse stoyed away for 9 years! Maybe Ill just go start cleaning the backs of the rear seats...

My friend took my camera to japan with him so I don't really have easy access to a camera for 10 days.

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
So after some unexpected problems with my DD, I'm back! And I'm ready to work!!!

Had to put new tires on again. 4th set in 29,000 miles. My alignment was WAY out of wack so it was eating through tires like butter. Needless to say, that's fixed.
p977430_1.jpg

So I was in the supra's garage last night talking to my dad and walking around the mk3! We decided that, for now, we are gonna get the targa top, passenger side mirror, rear bumper and front bumper, front air sheild(top of front bumper) all repainted to match the car. And we are gonna have the body buffed and waxed. Take all the old moldings of(ThEY ARE FOR SALE NOW- FULL SET) and put the new ones on. So for now that's whats gonna happen. I'm gonna take it to my dad's work tomorrow and have them take off the ugly ass 80's gold pin striping that is peeling off. Oh and after thats done, gonna have the windows tinted. Stay tuned...

zm_br

spool me
Oct 30, 2005
Naperville, IL
www.cardomain.com
Wow. Your tC was chewing them up. I just got my second set last summer, and the car has just over 40k miles.
Good to hear an update. I'm starting to get parts for my Supra to replace cracked/tired parts under the hood.

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Just a tease.... I'm hopefully getting the butt ugly pin strip off tomorrow!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

And how to you do this? My dad shows no decal available for the toyota and supra indentions. Are you supposed to paint it?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Oh and did I mention it's getting a new windshield? And all new black moldings around all the glass pieces! :D It's called restoration!

Last edited:

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Update - Got a brand new windshield and now I have all the replacement moldings for the glass on the car! The windshield was supposed to go in on tue but my dog got sick and we had to have emergency surgery for him! HE's still recovering but doing a lot better so progress should go forward pretty soon! The car is looking great and running even better!

Quick question? How difficult is it to drop the oil pan? I believe my oil leak is coming from the oil pan cause parts of the gasket sealant(black tar) is falling off and leaking pretty good. Can this be done relatively painless by jacking the car up real good? I know there are 24 bolts....

ILikeCarsYesIDo

Permanently Banned
Nov 26, 2007
Hayward, CA
Bluechulappa;986055 said:
Update - Got a brand new windshield and now I have all the replacement moldings for the glass on the car! The windshield was supposed to go in on tue but my dog got sick and we had to have emergency surgery for him! HE's still recovering but doing a lot better so progress should go forward pretty soon! The car is looking great and running even better!

Quick question? How difficult is it to drop the oil pan? I believe my oil leak is coming from the oil pan cause parts of the gasket sealant(black tar) is falling off and leaking pretty good. Can this be done relatively painless by jacking the car up real good? I know there are 24 bolts....

Take the engine out or drop the subframe.