Blow By

Status
Not open for further replies.

austin

Apr 4, 2012
alberta
I can work in it easily. i built a few engines. Tbh i just don't have the ambition anymore. my opinion is that the head has dropped a valve and that is why there is such a massive amount of blow by and the rattle sound. Without a leakdown and comp test it's all hearsay. Really i only posted it up to share my pain.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
austin;1833217 said:
I can work in it easily. i built a few engines. Tbh i just don't have the ambition anymore. my opinion is that the head has dropped a valve and that is why there is such a massive amount of blow by and the rattle sound. Without a leakdown and comp test it's all hearsay. Really i only posted it up to share my pain.
Well did we help with the pain?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
austin;1833191 said:
I am pretty bitter about the whole deal, trying to dump both my supra's cheap now. I don't think I will ever entertain the idea to own one of these cars again.

Hold up buddy! Not so fast. I've got a good running '91 Supra turbo hardtop 5spd i'd be intersted in trading you for something else nice you might have. Let me know whatcha got. :evildeal:

austin

Apr 4, 2012
alberta
Suprapowaz!(2);1833233 said:
Hold up buddy! Not so fast. I've got a good running '91 Supra turbo hardtop 5spd i'd be intersted in trading you for something else nice you might have. Let me know whatcha got. :evildeal:

I got a sweet 2 for 1 deal for you!!

austin

Apr 4, 2012
alberta
I know, I really like the looks of the cars. I have wanted one since I was a teenager and now I have two! Unfortunate they are both blown up. Some guys are coming to pick them up Sunday. Letting them go for 2500 for the pair. Seems like a fair price as the red car has about 3k in parts alone.

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
austin;1833369 said:
I know, I really like the looks of the cars. I have wanted one since I was a teenager and now I have two! Unfortunate they are both blown up. Some guys are coming to pick them up Sunday. Letting them go for 2500 for the pair. Seems like a fair price as the red car has about 3k in parts alone.
Actually, it seems like you have an affinity for getting bent over on any deal that involves buying or selling cars.

Seriously, you went from having a running 06 F-150 and a non-running Supra, to 2 blown up Supras, to $2500. Before: o After: O
You can guess what that is...
-AM3

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
This is really sad. Less that a week and 10 post you're in and out. Like mentioned earlier I really hope the seller of that Supra was not a member on here, or SF. Chances are he probably was.

austin

Apr 4, 2012
alberta
IJ.;1833383 said:
So you sold your 2006 F150 for $2500... :nono:
($1500 if you allow a grand for the other Mk3)

Life is NOT going to be kind to you...

If you only knew the half of it.

Ok for shits and giggles I did a dry then wet comp test.
1= 80
2= 80
3= 130
4= 130
5= 60
6= 130

there was no change when oil was added. I was really hoping for maybe just messed up lifter the car has sat for 2 years prior to me getting it. and yes it was a member from here, also the moderator for the alberta supra club.

Last edited:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
IJ.;1833521 said:
I'd be thinking 3 broken pistons with collapsed ring lands looking at those results..

Agreed. How much boost did you run through that CT-26? There's probably some catastrophic internal damage in that motor.

austin

Apr 4, 2012
alberta
I got the car and it wouldn't idle, it had a bov and a lexus maf installed. As soon as I got it back home ( it overheated on the previous owner while he was driving it to meet me and he pulled the thermostat) I put in a thermostat, stock MAF, and removed the BOV. It was running good so I went for a drive and checked out what kind of car I had. As soon as it would rev to 4-5k the boost would fall on it's face from 10psi to 4 or 5. I drove it back to my house and the next day I swapped the turbo's. The results is this thread.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
The overheating on the way was probably due to an already blown head gasket. These cars generally don't overheat - they have an amazing cooling system.

There's your problem - a Lexus AFM (it's not a MAF, it's a Karmann-Vortex air flow meter - these cars don't have a MAF) will drop the air signal by 25% which is why that upgrade is almost always paired with 550cc injectors. (Stock are 440cc so the +25% fuel flow counteracts the -25% air flow).

Running it up to 4-5K at 10psi was probably what killed it. I'll guarantee it detonated badly and destroyed the pistons and/or valves.

You traded your vehicle for one that was having problems before it even got to your house. You should have walked away right there. You were sold a ticking timebomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.