BATTLE VERSION adjustable arms

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota
The difference in price from steel to stainless steel is not a factor in my use of the stainless. I would save less than $7.00 in materiel cost between them. The cost is in the production of the casting and I like the better selection of alloy in stainless steel.
Greg Clark

tErbo b00st

Hard Ass
Mar 20, 2007
Iowa City, IA
www.kougakuracing.com
SupraSportJack;1337066 said:
Actually Rennet your close...the Stainless arms were first and we made a version made from aluminum. The problem came when people installed them they used the spacers we supplied as washers. Aluminum when used correctly is a strong material. When it was installed incorrectly our customers were breaking the "ears" off because they put the spacers on the outside instead of using them properly as spacers.
We have not had a set of stainless arms broken or bent to date. We discontinued the aluminum a while back because we knew there was NO way to insure our customer would install them correctly. All we could do was hope they would, the stainless steel ones are unbreakable under all the circumstances, safer for us and our customers

The LIPP stainless steel traction arms to date have never been broken and it will pretty much take anything, chances are something else will fail before our arms do!

So what your saying is mkiii owners are fucking idiots and can't properly install parts?

gotcha

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
tErbo b00st;1340816 said:
So what your saying is mkiii owners are fucking idiots and can't properly install parts?

gotcha

Well DUH..... :nono:
captain.jpg

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
tbcmorris;1340847 said:
it would be better not to have tards install them incorrectly

true, but a lot of people think that they can do the job themselves (without any former knowledge) and mess it up

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
If improper install causes a failure, I'd hate to see what happens in a holy shit situation...

Sorry, but they make roll cages out of steel for a reason, and I don't mind adding a little weight to the arms if they'll last 100K miles...

RPSil13

Nov 30, 2006
Anaheim, CA
Whoa this is starting to spiral into some aluminum arm hate fest, i was the first one w/ these installed and my supra is daily driven and has NO problems, noises, sqeaks, etc, they are very strong durable arm, aluminum arms have been used for racing/drifting purposed for ages, and if they were so bad poeple wouldn't be running them, seriously think about all the stress that is put on them when drifting, of course these might not be indestructable like the lipp ones, but unless you have a 1000hp drag monster i dont see you bending these either, plus these were created for those of us who want adjustability in our suspension, for people who want to lower their car and not have a 4ft wheel gap and want to be able to adjust their suspension/alignment settings, so if thats not want your looking for just move on and keep your non-adjustable arms, simple as that,

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
I don't get what's so rocket science about making an identical arm out of stainless instead of aluminum? Isn't stainless easier to fabricate than aluminum anyway?

Unfortunately I have to take the side of those who have no financial interest vested in this product; regardless of any experiences this guy or that guy has or had, drifting or dragging with Al arms, if IJ says he doesn't think it's a good idea, it's wise to listen. We're talkin' about a guy who designed and built a LPG system ran by a MoTeC on a 7M making +400rwhp. Most people have enough problems getting their 7M to start and stay running...

I'm also confident that Poodles consideres 'light reading' to be books entitled: "The Specifics of Fluid Dynamics at 103.894 degrees with special attention to Tangential Mechanical System Forces, Thirty Second Edition"... and other books with highly technical names that make no sense to normal people.

When technical gurus like that say something isn't a good idea... I'll take their advice over 5000 secondhand "personal experiences" of 5000 other people that some guy heard about.

Sorry to clog the thread with BS, but why not just weld up an identical arm out of stainless, sell that, and call it done?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
LOL, not just technical, but I drive the hell out of my car. Even with it being down for the better part of a year, ect, I've still put 40K miles on it in the like what, 3 years I've owned it?

I want a bar that's adjustable, stronger AND more durable, heim joints are not durable (they DO wear out and will wear out much faster than stock bushings).

Overkill is required, murphy's law is a bitch so the less chance for something to fail the better.

When I buy stuff for my car, I want it to last ANOTHER 170K miles...

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
IJ... I honestly thought it would have saved hell of a lot more than $7.... but i guess when you get 100+ of something made it drives the price wayyyy down compared to what i could make one for...

and knowning that 90% of mk3 owners are cheap... i figured a cheaper arm would actually move a LOT better than a really expensive ultra light weight arm...

SC Rydah

Sep 20, 2008
New Jersey
I agree with that. I dont know who makes adjustable arms for cars that are as heavy as ours. The other RWD cars that have more aftermarket support ARE lighter. So I gotta go with the experts on that. But Alex thx for coming out with something for our cars some of us would be interested in.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
is there a price on these yet? really dun wanna scroll through BS atm....more details would be greatly appreciated.

RPSil13

Nov 30, 2006
Anaheim, CA
empera;1365864 said:
is there a price on these yet? really dun wanna scroll through BS atm....more details would be greatly appreciated.

check w/ DM, they carry them, i beleive if you get both its 450,