Arp Head stud issue i created... I got my head back with a minor problem Advice?

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
NashMan;1841032 said:
I have spare set of suds from mix match set if you want one we could work some thing out

since if you ever do hg job with the motor in the car you wont be-able to remove the stud all to easy

Thanks ill keep that in mind come pay day. Since i only stripped the one i was gonna keep it towards the front so i did'nt have to worry about pulling the head while the block was still the car.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
KicknAsphlt;1841064 said:
I'm not sure about you guys, but I was taught to put the bolt/stud back in the same hole it came out of... *shrug*

I understand where you are coming from BUT that only applies to the rods, pistons, main caps and bearings if you are reusing them. Cam caps and main caps go back in their respective places corresponding to their numbering.

Shims and buckets also follow this rule. Nothing else I know of.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Turbo Habanero;1841037 said:
Thanks ill keep that in mind come pay day. Since i only stripped the one i was gonna keep it towards the front so i did'nt have to worry about pulling the head while the block was still the car.

ya still have to pull the studs the head will not get past the fire wall lip in less you have stud puller like so http://usatoolsinc.com/chrome-molymetricstudpullersetast7414.aspx

even still not sure if it will even fit

awww fuck it just pm me and just send it for free just have to ow me or some thing

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
IJ.;1841065 said:
LMAO you're kidding right...

Nope -- not kidding. Gramps taught me that. Oh, and this is in respect to head bolts. I've done it that way on every vehicle I've done heads/head gasket on with zero issues. Gramps' theory behind it is that when the bolts are torqued, the threads between the bolt and hole wear to each other. Whether it's gearhead myth or there's actually something to it, that's how I do it...hell, I do it with just about every bolt I take out of a motor and reuse, but that may just be my OCD at work...lol.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
OfnaRcR4;1841221 said:
I think everybody on this forum knows everything about your car and every little problem you've had with it.

Trust me I've had more problems :) eh I just ask for help in the things I can't figure out or not %100 sure of because I really don't want to Fuck it up more then it is already because i had to much pride to ask for help.

Honestly didn't think i posted to many threads.. I'm sorry Ill try and not do it as much.

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
Turbo Habanero;1841271 said:
Thanks Ian I'm driving around town looking for a 12x1.25 tap and all sets and singles I've found are

12x1.5 or 12x1.75

Irwin Brand, should be able to get it at Ace Hardware. If you can't find one today, let me know and I'll send you one....for some reason I ended up with 2 or 3 when I did my build....one's still sealed in the package....lol.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
KicknAsphlt;1841277 said:
Irwin Brand, should be able to get it at Ace Hardware. If you can't find one today, let me know and I'll send you one....for some reason I ended up with 2 or 3 when I did my build....one's still sealed in the package....lol.
Bet you know EXACTLY where it is as well Justin :D

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I don't mind all of your tech threads. You get good advice from them, and these threads will benefit someone else when they run into the same issue. That's if they bother searching first.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
KicknAsphlt;1841277 said:

Thanks everyone.

I found one at ace hardware thanks guys.

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Turbo Habanero;1841251 said:
Trust me I've had more problems :) eh I just ask for help in the things I can't figure out or not %100 sure of because I really don't want to Fuck it up more then it is already because i had to much pride to ask for help.

Honestly didn't think i posted to many threads.. I'm sorry Ill try and not do it as much.

Oh no haha at least you're trying and if you make a mistake you admit it. Just taking note of something:p

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
IJ.;1841263 said:
Jordan: Don't hesitate to post threads asking for help!

Suprapowaz!(2);1841288 said:
I don't mind all of your tech threads. You get good advice from them, and these threads will benefit someone else when they run into the same issue. That's if they bother searching first.

Poodles;1841314 said:
I concur, no reason not to make threads if you actually listen to the advice given :)

OfnaRcR4;1841318 said:
Oh no haha at least you're trying and if you make a mistake you admit it. Just taking note of something:p

Thanks guys i know i have a lot of questions Sorry. The people here on Supramania have helped me so much i didn't know hardly anything about working on cars when i first got into supra's and i've never had one that could be called reliable when i first bought it. With the help of you guys i've done things anywhere from a clutch to full engine swaps (i will add that sometimes thinking about it the big jobs seem much easier then the little one's lol)

Thanks to you guys i've never had to spend money on a mechanic (not that i could afford one) The People of Supramania have taught me so much. Thank you all.