Are rising Gas Prices affecting anyone from further modifying your supra?

ImpulseDrive

Apr 23, 2007
Brooklyn
Just wondering if the rise of gas prices effected any owners here with thier plans on the mk3. I know I for sure am one, I daily drive my mk3 to work and have to do many errands in it and although I drive it with sense I still find myself saying, well I can't afford X or Y mod again for another stretch of time.

Just wondering if I'm alone on this one.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
im still going to do exhaust, intercooler and 2.5 pipes, bov, MBC, and other stuff just to get it to where i want, but im not going to go crazy. you can still get good gas milage if not better gas milage on a properly tuned car.

topguncam3888

Jan 13, 2008
Lancaster, PA
Different type of mods for me. Things like an exhaust, ic pipes, intercooler arne't going to hurt your mileage. I DD my supra (NA) and i'm putting in a 3.73 LSD and I run larger profile tires so it's a little added overdrive since i do more highway than 0-60 runs.

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
no, b/c my car doesnt drive right now. but if it did it wouldnt matter b/c its not my dd when it does run.

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
I can't wait until gas is $20 a gallon in the USA.

That will prevent all the poor useless people from owning and driving useless cars.

Save the gas for REAL cars.

At some point in time, gasoline and diesel will only be used for ABSOLUTE necessities, like distribution of food.....

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
IJ.;1035482 said:
Mine has been relegated to toy status so no not at all.

thats what i bought mine for.

although if e85 were sold were near me i would convert my car to run it.

Nocheez

Probably posts too much
Apr 17, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Nope, my Camry is my 30 mpg+ daily driver. The Supra is my sunny day and weekend car.

Frank Rizzo;1035478 said:

That will prevent all the poor useless people from owning and driving useless cars.

At some point in time, gasoline and diesel will only be used for ABSOLUTE necessities, like distribution of food.....

This is about the stupidest thing I've heard. It's not feasible for most Americans to have no vehicle, it's simply a necessity. I'll be glad when there's less behemoth 4x4's on the road (for everyone's safety and reduced use of fuel) but $20 a gallon won't stop people from driving. It'll just cripple those who need to get to work but can't afford to feed their family or themselves.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
i with the others, mine is in a constant state of not running/modifying, once its done tho, gas prices wont be affecting me too much if i can eek out the mpg i was getting before i took it back down

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
I have my 28MPG 4runner that I drive like an old grandma. But that's how you get 28MPG out of a bathtub...

So therefore, no, gas prices won't effect what I do to the supra. It's my fun car.

topguncam3888

Jan 13, 2008
Lancaster, PA
Frank Rizzo;1035478 said:

That's stupid as hell. Basically you are calling for the collapse of the US/Western world economy? Transporting goods will be so expensive that you will basically have to live off your own land. Milk would also be $20/gal, you will not be able to afford the price of ANYTHING. Half the US population will be chilling in bunkers with AKs. Personally...that's a world I hope to never see.

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Won't make a world of a difference for me as it is my weekend car. In Canada we are already paying 1.28 a liter up where I live and some places even higher. That is about 5 dollars a gallon in the United States.

Regardless of how much gas is we all still rely heavily on transportation. I think people just need to prioritize on the amount of driving that is actually needed.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
10secdream;1035585 said:
In Canada we are already paying 1.28 a liter up where I live and some places even higher. That is about 5 dollars a gallon in the United States.

Regardless of how much gas is we all still rely heavily on transportation. I think people just need to prioritize on the amount of driving that is actually needed.

We are not too far behind you, gas in my town is at 4.41 a gal for 87