Anyone running a GT35R on a 7mgte

sirkus

May 12, 2005
Cartersville, Ga
itsholdingon.tk
Why turbo lag sucks..

The guy ran a 14... at 114 mph... he had the fastest track speed. We met up with him in the parking lot and got a good look at his car. I can't remember exactly what all he had done to it (the video says some of what it has done). Maybe someone on here knows him. His car was really nice.

And thats ct9a gsr's evo.

I just worry about upgrading the turbo and such, and having problems like this. Can't you use nos to spool the turbo up? I've heard that somewhere before.. but I don't really know. But with a turbo the size of the ct35... wouldn't you come into that problem?

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
Lag is overrated. If you're getting full boost by 5000rpm, lets say with an 8000rpm red-line, your golden. 2-step, brake boost or drop a gear. And if you have one of these big turbos with a stock red-line, and your complaining...I wonder why. < speaking in contrast, not to the people in this thread.

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
gt42 r not a problem 4 inch exhaust already in place gpa motor has 12mm lift cams so 8000 revlimit easy with shim under bucket that i have so intercooler piping already designed and new 100mm throttle body and inlet manifold bolted to engine in car 1000hp here we go hopefully would like to be the first on 7m engine but full years worth of work and cash yet

blackout_89t

King of the roll
Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
group a supra said:
gt42 r not a problem 4 inch exhaust already in place gpa motor has 12mm lift cams so 8000 revlimit easy with shim under bucket that i have so intercooler piping already designed and new 100mm throttle body and inlet manifold bolted to engine in car 1000hp here we go hopefully would like to be the first on 7m engine but full years worth of work and cash yet

heh, there is a claimed 1000+hp 7m local here to. Crazy canucks. :)

Did you have any trouble fitting that 4inch exhaust in there? On the car I saw with the gt42R and the manifold he was using, the firewall needed to be cut out and re-welded a few inches back to fit the exhaust. Strut tower needed to be hammered in as well to fit it.

Djon

May 8, 2005
Those GT snails have been available for over three years in Australia and heaps of guys are using them.

Basically Garrett decided HKS was doing to good with the exclusive combinations, more importantly castings and has started holding back certain HP levels models for themselves.

The new Garrett's are cutting edge technology and put all the old truck based Frankenstein combinations flogged off to every one today to shame.

Any turbo can make whatever HP but no turbo can hold a candle to how the GT Garrett turbo spools.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I'm looking at going with a GT4088r one of these days, but the GT35 series at 700hp is a very capable turbo for sure. (I think the RWHP level will put it solidly into the 550 to low 600's, and the GT40's are going to be about 100 to 150rwhp higher.)

Spool wise, I don't know. The guys running the GT40's right now love them. The few GT35 reviews love the quick spooling nature of this turbo as well.

For now though, I'm going to see what my bolt on T4 60 trim will make on this stroker motor.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
here is a pic to give an idea.

3stooges.JPG

left to right- to4e, pt72, gt42

for really crazy- gt47 vs same pt72

GT47PT72.JPG

this really tells the story

HotGT47PT72.JPG

88turboma71

el3men2
Mar 30, 2005
nyc
I fear that after i buy a gt35r i will notice that it doesn't have enough top end. even though my car is a street car. but according to garrett and the people at precision it should spool quickly and still kick ass at the top.
god damn that gt42 dwarfs the pt72 and ive seen one of those pt72 in person and it aint small at all.

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
88turboma71 said:
I fear that after i buy a gt35r i will notice that it doesn't have enough top end. even though my car is a street car. but according to garrett and the people at precision it should spool quickly and still kick ass at the top.
god damn that gt42 dwarfs the pt72 and ive seen one of those pt72 in person and it aint small at all.

Why would you say this. Have you read the flow chart. Do you know how to read a flow chart. That thing is a 680hp turbo. How much top end will you need. I think you need a lesson in turbo flow chart reading here.

88turboma71

el3men2
Mar 30, 2005
nyc
QWIKSTRIKE said:
Why would you say this. Have you read the flow chart. Do you know how to read a flow chart. That thing is a 680hp turbo. How much top end will you need. I think you need a lesson in turbo flow chart reading here.

actually i have read the flow chart. i see the turbo can flow enough for 680 horse power but the exhaust housings that u can get with it are limited to an
a/r .68 or a 1.06 according to the guy i spoke to at precision and i was thinking about using one in the .70s, so a .68 may not give me enough at the top and a 1.06 may not give me enough at the bottom

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
i have had no problem as yet with exhaust asbuilding manifold around the exhaust only problem is with 4 inch ground clearence is going to suck if idrop it any further just cant wait for the gt42r to turn up
its going to be awsome with what i have built so far getting itchy feet and have 1 year to go see attached pics

Attachments

• MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 270
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 192