Anyone know how to get ahold of Tokico Illumina II TEMS shocks?

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
THMotorsports;1987291 said:
tumblr_m54agatCl31qdjrt9o8_250.gif

I concur with this statement.

But........ if I may add a piece of advice. Tokico working with TEMS is nice but it's old school and it was good for that time period. Considering the weight of the MKIII Supra and advances in suspension technology, the very best upgrade anyone can do to our beloved Supra's is a coilover suspension. Considering what people speak on lowering springs + Tokico shocks...... you should have just bought a nice coilover in the first place. We are eager to carry Tokico again for all chassis's we will keep this thread up to date on the news as soon as we have a positive supply for sale.

Thank you.

Thank you for your insight, but I must disagree (respectfully), but still...

I had the Eibach/Tokico/ST sway bar setup on my 91T "back in the day". And I gotta say.. I don't care what ANYBODY onearth says... that Supra handled like it was velcroed to the ground. I wanted for nothing with regard to the suspension after doing the full upgrade.

So... perhaps coilovers are the new schwag.... but even with the opposing viewpoints I've read from seasoned Supra owners about the progressive Eibach springs, I just don't agree. I had the H&R drop for 1 day, and hated everything about it. I had felt like I had made a huge mistake. The Supra was slung way way too low to the ground and I scrapped on everything. The tires were rubbing. It was awful. Switched out for the Eibachs the next day... Perfection.

So there you have it. If those Tokico Illuminas IIs become available, I'm in, without hesitation.

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
Anyone have new info on this? Are we living in la la land hoping these Illuminas will come back? I don't wanna wait forever.

I could snatch up the blues in a hot second, but I would wait longer for the Illuminas if I knew it was still a real possibility.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
VegaSupra;1996025 said:
still no update? Man this is killing me. I made this thread 8 months ago!!!

I think last I heard from SupraStore (I think) was that they expect to have them around July. If that doesn't happen then I think I will just have to give up hope on the TEMS system and decide if I want to go with Bilsteins, Konis, coilovers, or whatever.

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
I really don't want to get rid of TEMS but if it comes to that so be it. If I were to do coilovers, does anyone have good suggestions?

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
If I can't get these Illumina IIs, I am probably just gonna go with the Non-TEMS Tokico Blues.

As for July, well... I'll believe it when I see it. I have heard Dec, then Feb, then March, and now July.

Can't believe I didn't buy them when they were still in stock last year.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
VegaSupra;1996398 said:
If I can't get these Illumina IIs, I am probably just gonna go with the Non-TEMS Tokico Blues.

As for July, well... I'll believe it when I see it. I have heard Dec, then Feb, then March, and now July.

Can't believe I didn't buy them when they were still in stock last year.

I believe it is all Tokico products, so if you can't get the Illuminas then you cant get the Blues either...

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
The great thing about the illumina 2s is for those mint stock MK3s that could use a suspension upgrade but need to retain TEMS to keep the mint stock interior look. Nobody likes buttons that don't do anything. Like my friends 92 teal. She wants to lower it, but keep TEMS, and the illumina 2s are the ONLY way to do that the correct way. I too, will be keeping an eye on this situation.