Anyone know how to get ahold of Tokico Illumina II TEMS shocks?

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I can't see that they just stop producing any shocks compatible for our cars, but I guess if they stop making the Tokico Illumina's then we are out of options.

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
I don't know if they can but I'll probably order a set of shocks and stash them away for when mine do naff out, gotta give it to tokico back in the day though, mine are 27 years old now and still going strong LOL

But as I said above, they have no immediate plans to discontinue the product so I'll get DM to have a squiz through and see if he can order them or if that is already who he orders them through.

Worst comes to the worst I will be looking in the future at getting the stock ones rebuilt, I don't foresee it being possible unfortunately.

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
Just found an awesome promotion at anythingauto.com. 15% off first order.

Their prices weren't super great without the promotion, but dam, 15% is a lot. Eibach's were $218 and ST sway bars $264 + FREE shipping.

Plus Eibach has a 10% rebate promotion right now so that's another $20 off. Eibach and ST for $500 total (shipping and tax incl)? Ordered :thumbup:

Now all I need is these Illuminas!

anything auto order.jpg

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
VegaSupra;1955419 said:
Just found an awesome promotion at anythingauto.com. 15% off first order.

Their prices weren't super great without the promotion, but dam, 15% is a lot. Eibach's were $218 and ST sway bars $264 + FREE shipping.

Plus Eibach has a 10% rebate promotion right now so that's another $20 off. Eibach and ST for $500 total (shipping and tax incl)? Ordered :thumbup:

Now all I need is these Illuminas!

View attachment 68978

Nice! Keep us updated on the search for the Illuminas.

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
Still no success with finding a set of these. Called a couple more performance shops in my area. No dice.

I just saw a new thread from someone on here selling a brand new in box Eibach Springs set for $210 shipped. Smokin deal.

I would have been all over that, but already got my set in hand.

If anyone has these Illuminas, float me a PM.

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
Interesting, but I'm not too comfortable with that website. It looks totally jenky. No phone number. No contact info. No location info. No "about us" section.

Also, when I added the shocks to cart, and clicked on estimate shipping and tax, and chose California with my 5 digit zip, it said "Sorry we do not ship to that location. Please choose another location." What company operating on the internet in the USA doesn't ship to CA?... and in another section of their site, it said "we can ship to virtually any address worldwide."

"Add all that up, I don't know what the f*ck it means, but you got some bad-ass perpetrators and they're here to stay."

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
I called them. They said they won't be able to get them until at least December, maybe even not til early 2014.

MadRPM

Nov 9, 2012
Tampa
Shox.com told me at least March 2014, at least. Dude told me there's still no guarantee. He did recommend the Bilsteins though.

Alamomotorsports gave me false hope too.

THMotorsports is closed today.

::supermario::

syty1

Jan 26, 2009
los gatos, ca
The news I heard from THMotorsports, is that the US distributor is in bankruptcy & that's why we can't get the TEMS shocks. Has anyone found a non-US source?
Supra girl?

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
I am still trying to get a set of these but no luck finding anyone that is able to source them yet. Has anyone heard of any updates to the Tokico US distribution issues?

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I just went through the Tokico website. It has been redesigned since I was last there a few months ago. I found their catalog and went through it. They have a lot of Toyotas in it, but when you get to the cars that start with "S" there is no Supra to be found. No MK3 or MK4 shocks of any kind. It doesn't look good...

THMotorsports

Dirgle;1985727 said:

tumblr_m54agatCl31qdjrt9o8_250.gif

I concur with this statement.

But........ if I may add a piece of advice. Tokico working with TEMS is nice but it's old school and it was good for that time period. Considering the weight of the MKIII Supra and advances in suspension technology, the very best upgrade anyone can do to our beloved Supra's is a coilover suspension. Considering what people speak on lowering springs + Tokico shocks...... you should have just bought a nice coilover in the first place. We are eager to carry Tokico again for all chassis's we will keep this thread up to date on the news as soon as we have a positive supply for sale.

Thank you.

Attachments

• tumblr_m54agatCl31qdjrt9o8_250.gif
    490.6 KB · Views: 6

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
THMotorsports;1987291 said:

I concur with this statement.

But........ if I may add a piece of advice. Tokico working with TEMS is nice but it's old school and it was good for that time period. Considering the weight of the MKIII Supra and advances in suspension technology, the very best upgrade anyone can do to our beloved Supra's is a coilover suspension. Considering what people speak on lowering springs + Tokico shocks...... you should have just bought a nice coilover in the first place. We are eager to carry Tokico again for all chassis's we will keep this thread up to date on the news as soon as we have a positive supply for sale.

Thank you.

So do you plan on getting the Illumina II's back in stock?