Anyone know how to get ahold of Tokico Illumina II TEMS shocks?

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
I placed an order with NOPI. Got a call an hour later saying they are actually not in stock.

The guy said Tokico / Hitachi is having an issue with distribution to the US and they are looking for a supplier or something and that they have no estimation of when they will be back in stock.

And Ebay only has the Illuminas for 93-98 MKIV.

Anyone know how I can get the Illuminas for my 91?

Thanks,
VegaSupra

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
That's not good, I was planning on doing suspension sometime in the next few months. My plan was to go with the Illumina II shocks also. I will see if I can't find anything out and let you know something.

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
MkIII FTW;1954635 said:
That's not good, I was planning on doing suspension sometime in the next few months. My plan was to go with the Illumina II shocks also. I will see if I can't find anything out and let you know something.

great. now you are my competition. lol :biggrinbo j/k

cool. lemme know if you find something. I will do the same.

I'm all over the internet trying to locate a set of these. I've contacted 4 different retailers that listed them as "in stock". None of them actually had them.

I am currently contacting Tokico directly to see if they can pull some strings, but no luck as of yet. :cry:

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
T3rril79;1954653 said:
yeah I just noticed that right when the post went up :p lol. I just emailed a rep from tokico to see what they say.

I talked to a rep from GotBoost. They're definitely OOS. I've placed orders with 3 different websites, only to have them all cancelled same day.

So instead of placing orders on websites that claim to have these in stock, I've started contacting the stores instead.

Probably spoken with reps from 7 or 8 different dealers.

Nobody has these right now. I have 2 separate inquiries in to Tokico direct. No response yet.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
So from the sound of things, this fall I'm gonna be screwed when I try to get a set of these? Awesome :/ FML

So do they have a Australian or European distributor? So we could possibly pay a member in either of those markets to procure a set and ship to the US?

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
yhatzee89;1954722 said:
So from the sound of things, this fall I'm gonna be screwed when I try to get a set of these? Awesome :/ FML

So do they have a Australian or European distributor? So we could possibly pay a member in either of those markets to procure a set and ship to the US?

I like the way you think.

T3rril79

Dec 10, 2010
Huntsville Alabama
suprra_girl;1954771 said:
Unfortunately the supra shocks aren't even in the 2013 catalogue and don't plan to be added in the coming october listing either :/

I think... we're gonna have to source them via toyota? *sob*

so you mean to you will have to sell a kidney for some shocks?! lol

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
suprra_girl;1954771 said:
Unfortunately the supra shocks aren't even in the 2013 catalogue and don't plan to be added in the coming october listing either :/

I think... we're gonna have to source them via toyota? *sob*

Damn it!!!! I should have bought them when I had the chance to.

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
I got a response from hitachi/tokico

Suzy,

Thank you for contacting TOKICO. Here is a number you can contact to order TOKICO shocks.

Motovicity 248-307-1570 if they don't have in stock you can order from them shocks are on B/O.

Thanks,
Raymund Rijkschroeff
Sales Technical Analyst
Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.

Hope that helps you guys on that side of the world, I guess Driftmotion could look at ordering them from there :)

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
Thanks Suprra_Girl. At least it sounds like they are just on B/O and not totally discontinued forever.

I was starting to consider Tokico Blues but I think I'll wait it out.