Any 2 Wheel Lovers on the forums

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
A. Jay;1930454 said:
EDIT: Redlines at 9100, good for only 116mph. Well, that explains the price difference between it and the Ninja 650R.
a fella at work has one... which isn't hard to imagine considering where I work... he upgraded from a Ninja 250 and says it's much more comfortable on the interstate. It looks a heck of a lot better as well.

But heck, I do good to cruise at 60 any more. Get something nimble and it's funner at low speeds than just going super fast in a straight line. Makes for nice relaxed rides through the countryside on my way to work.

Also worth noting, sitting the front wheel down after a 2nd gear wheelie at 45 is much more comfortable than 95. lol

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
mkiiSupraMan18;1930460 said:
a fella at work has one... which isn't hard to imagine considering where I work... he upgraded from a Ninja 250 and says it's much more comfortable on the interstate. It looks a heck of a lot better as well.

But heck, I do good to cruise at 60 any more. Get something nimble and it's funner at low speeds than just going super fast in a straight line. Makes for nice relaxed rides through the countryside on my way to work.

Also worth noting, sitting the front wheel down after a 2nd gear wheelie at 45 is much more comfortable than 95. lol

I LOVE my Ninja 300, but I took my first real ride on a freeway this morning (I've done like 3 miles total prior, I avoid the freeway because of a voice in my head that sounds like jetjock), and it was less than enjoyable. I had to pull back on the throttle a significant amount to go up to 75mph from 70. I decided to just stay at 70, partly since the economical fuel consumption indicator turned off whenever I touched 72mph.

The 500 is so enticing, but it weighs 100 pounds more, and I'm quite content with how little my bike is. Maybe a test ride is in order. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself since my total 2-wheel experience has yet to reach 2000 miles.

...Maybe I should turbo the 300:
p1930614_1.jpg

(IHI RHB31 turbo)

I kid I kid.

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
jetjock;1926492 said:
One thing I do like is they have handicapped plates for motorcycles. I have loads of fun with that.
I always found it odd seeing handicapped placards or plates on vehicles that probably aren't driven by truly handicapped people. Stupidly tall lifted trucks, supercars, that sort of thing. How does one ride a bike if they are handicapped? I suspect that you need to be somewhat physically capable to ride...

A. Jay;1930614 said:
...Maybe I should turbo the 300
Buddy of mine fabricates a lot of odd stuff, built a Banshee with a turbo about that size (I think it came off a Z32 twin turbo 300z). He sold it to a guy who literally backflipped the thing after he got a bit heavy with the throttle, and the quad bucked him off. That guy promptly changed his shorts and sold the Banshee. ;)

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
te72;1931471 said:
I always found it odd seeing handicapped placards or plates on vehicles that probably aren't driven by truly handicapped people. Stupidly tall lifted trucks, supercars, that sort of thing. How does one ride a bike if they are handicapped? I suspect that you need to be somewhat physically capable to ride...

in Indiana it's just the fat folks who are too lazy to walk...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Eh, I guess I'm just used to bikes parking fairly close to wherever they're going to. Not at all unusual to see bikes parked on sidewalks in front of businesses around here, but if you saw how people drive and/or park around here, you'd be cool with it.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
No kidding. Go to Wal-Mart and you get to park CLOSER than the handicap folks... Heck, when I worked there I'd pull my bike into the little cart garage even when I wasn't working.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
mkiiSupraMan18;1931773 said:
No kidding. Go to Wal-Mart and you get to park CLOSER than the handicap folks... Heck, when I worked there I'd pull my bike into the little cart garage even when I wasn't working.
Heh, I did that on occasion:

Ojii-san 1.jpg

Ojii-san 2.jpg

Ojii-san 3.jpg

Didn't realize I never downloaded these off my phone, these pics are nearly 5 years old now... wow. Before anyone bitches about it, I worked nights, after the store closed to before it opened. ;)

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
te72;1931471 said:
How does one ride a bike if they are handicapped? I suspect that you need to be somewhat physically capable to ride...

I can ride fine. With what was a leg busted in three places along with a badly compressed ankle it's the walking any distance part that's a little tough. It would have killed an ordinary man :icon_razz

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
jetjock;1932071 said:
I can ride fine. With what was a leg busted in three places along with a badly compressed ankle it's the walking any distance part that's a little tough. It would have killed an ordinary man...

If you don't mind me asking, what's the story?

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Getting close to 2k miles for the year already. Still loving it.

Got caught out in a storm last night and it handled itself much better than I had expected. I wasn't fighting it nearly as much from the wind as I figured I would. Almost had my buddy talked into getting a supermoto, but he's getting some lame cruiser instead.

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'd love to see how those 300's ride. I bet you can just manhandle them around corners!! Currently I'm looking for a nice CBR600 F4i. Trying to spend no more than 4k. Anyone have insight on the split seat VS the banana seat??

Last edited:

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
If anyone is in the market on selling my 07 ninja 500r with 4400 miles.

I spent the last year riding just over 1000 miles and I've loved it. :) Quick and great mpg.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
CRsupraiii;1941994 said:
I'd love to see how those 300's ride. I bet you can just manhandle them around corners!! Currently I'm looking for a nice CBR600 F4i. Trying to spend no more than 4k. Anyone have insight on the split seat VS the banana seat??

Oh yea :D
[video=youtube_share;P2csQ_1JDoU]http://youtu.be/P2csQ_1JDoU[/video]

Recorded that^ today.

It's funny for me to think of all the people who told me I wouldn't be happy with just 300cc's. I absolutely ADORE mi preciosa Vela.

Last edited:

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
In order to save on gas and let the Supra rest I picked up a used BMW F800S last year.

Been riding almost everyday since. 50 MPG and serious acceleration cannot be beat.

It also seems like having a luxury car. Heated grips, ABS, more idiot lights than most cars, trip computer, tire pressure sensors, and an ambient temp gauge. Who could ask for anything more?

Although I don't feel as confident cornering, even with new Michelin Pilot Road 3's on it. That is where the Supra is way less scary and much more exciting!

BMW.jpg

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
^ What is that on the L arm? Map pocket?

Had a huge thunderstorm rip through yesterday before I left for work. Hit up the local "off roading" spot on the way to work and got all kinds of muddy... Probably my best ride in to work yet. Stupid GoPro battery died between home and there, so sadly no video. :(

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
mkiiSupraMan18;1954465 said:
^ What is that on the L arm? Map pocket?

I think that is the purpose, I have placed route instructions in there from time to time. But honestly, I mostly use it to hold my keys when I am at work :p

The suit is the BMW Rallye 3. It is more geared toward off road, but I just fell in love with that jacket and had to have it!

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
So I'm having trouble texting and riding... I'm looking for a rock solid camera mount and waterproof case for my galaxy s3. Anyone have any suggestions?

Actually wanting it for GPS capabilities for a trip I'm going on at the end of the month. Almost up to 6k miles for the season.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2