Any 2 Wheel Lovers on the forums

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
I just got my license and a bike and was wondering if there are any other avid 2 wheel lovers on the forums.

This is my first bike, i'm loving every minute i'm on it. Riding is so much fun!!!!!!

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - $3,300 purchase price with 1,500 miles
IMG_20120725_193809.jpg

IanC

Jul 13, 2012
Maryville, TN
I'm a vintage bike guy myself. I have 5 bikes, the newest one is a 1981. This is my main ride in action.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

1978 Suzuki GS1000E with lots of mods.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I would be, but we don't have any tracks around here, and I've nearly been run over in a CAR on more than one occasion, so... I'll leave the fun to you guys. :)

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
te72;1862278 said:
I would be, but we don't have any tracks around here, and I've nearly been run over in a CAR on more than one occasion, so... I'll leave the fun to you guys. :)

I've almost been run over walking doesn't mean i'll stop walking... just means i'll pay more attention... ;)

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Got a ninja 500 last winter. I've only put ~1200 miles in it so I'm still a complete rookie.

The bike speed is fun, but I'm such a Nancy I find the supra much more comfortable and plenty fast. A 45 minute commute isn't fun in full gear in 100 degrees.

Eventually id like a faster 600-750, but we will see. I'm also paranoid of getting rear ended by a semi or something every time I'm on the bike.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
OneJArpus;1862287 said:
I've almost been run over walking doesn't mean i'll stop walking... just means i'll pay more attention... ;)
When you're walking, you're not 15' x 6' x 4' and 80 decibels are you? I pay attention to my own driving (hence why it was a "nearly" situation), but on a bike, you're a much smaller target, and people generally just don't care what is in the lane next to them before changing over. :nono:

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Do dirt bikes count? Since i sold my road bike i now ride a kx250 2007, last of the KX two strokes.
Having kids seems to make me a little more on the cautious side when i ride lately but i still manage to get a smile from it and covered in mud.

Last edited:

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Been on two wheels since i was nine. Current dirt bike is a 2006 crf 250. I have a 1998 suzuki marauder thats torn apart due to an out of circle/and tapered cylinder. Current ride is a suzuki boulevard. But it isnt that smooth, so i want to get rid of it and find a triumph daytona 675 :)

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
BoostMonger;1862982 said:
Been on two wheels since i was nine. Current dirt bike is a 2006 crf 250. I have a 1998 suzuki marauder thats torn apart due to an out of circle/and tapered cylinder. Current ride is a suzuki boulevard. But it isnt that smooth, so i want to get rid of it and find a triumph daytona 675 :)
Whatever you ride, if you want something stupidly fast, shoot me a PM. Guy that did my head is a good friend of mine, and he has a certain way of making things of the two wheeled/atv nature into monsters. ;)

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
I have a 2009 Yamaha FZ6 and I love that bike. I've put 30,000 miles on it in a year. Several cross country trips that were absolutely awesome. Though at this point I'm pretty sure I can be certified insane for doing my daily commute on it here in southern Cali. Traffic is fast, dense, and unpredictable.

Ride up, ride safe, and trust no one.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
te72;1863977 said:
Whatever you ride, if you want something stupidly fast, shoot me a PM. Guy that did my head is a good friend of mine, and he has a certain way of making things of the two wheeled/atv nature into monsters. ;)

Nah I don't want a bike too fast. I'm perfectly fine with having a car faster than my bike :D I want a sport bike to carve the Utah canyons, not to race.

Dirgle;1863995 said:
Ride up, ride safe, and trust no one.

Words to live by.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
BoostMonger;1863998 said:
Nah I don't want a bike too fast. I'm perfectly fine with having a car faster than my bike :D I want a sport bike to carve the Utah canyons, not to race.
No worries man. I'm a little jealous of your canyons. About the closest thing to a canyon around here is 191 south to Vernal. It is an alright road though. I worry though, what do you guys do when you come up on the bits of gravel/sand on canyon roads? About scared the piss out of me when that happened to me on a twisty and narrow two lane road in eastern Phoenix... and that was in a car.

Always figured I would have laid the bike down if I were on a bike...

IanC

Jul 13, 2012
Maryville, TN
te72;1864162 said:
No worries man. I'm a little jealous of your canyons. About the closest thing to a canyon around here is 191 south to Vernal. It is an alright road though. I worry though, what do you guys do when you come up on the bits of gravel/sand on canyon roads? About scared the piss out of me when that happened to me on a twisty and narrow two lane road in eastern Phoenix... and that was in a car.

Pray.

Not really, though luck does have it's place in motorcycling, the key to safe riding is situational awareness. When I ride I never ride at more than 90% of my abilities so that I always have more on tap to escape a potentially hairy experience. I also keep a very keen eye on everything going on around me and have multiple escapes planned and ready.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
te72;1864162 said:

IanC;1864222 said:

Pray, white knuckle it, and pucker so hard your butthole kisses your seat. It happens to me all the time on the dirt bike but on a big heavy road bike its a whole other game. I try and just find a path with less gravel. One of the best curvy roads around is big cottonwood canyon. A bikers dream. But its so travled if never experienced washouts on it.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Had a 07 gsxr 600 couple years ago. Lots of fun lots of trouble and lots of speed. Hence the trouble. But people in SoCal are idiots when it comes to driving.