Any 2 Wheel Lovers on the forums

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Hahaha you couldn't pry me off of this bike! I was cruising around all last night until I posted at like 3 am. Gotta love that four-cylinder fury when mated to a full exhaust.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IanC;1864222 said:
Pray.

Not really, though luck does have it's place in motorcycling, the key to safe riding is situational awareness. When I ride I never ride at more than 90% of my abilities so that I always have more on tap to escape a potentially hairy experience. I also keep a very keen eye on everything going on around me and have multiple escapes planned and ready.
That's good advice for spirited driving in any vehicle I would think. I've taken a couple cars to 9/10ths, but I don't know that I have the capacity to push that last 10th, I have too much survival instinct I guess. :p

Just surprised me the one time it happened to me, because it was across the whole lane. I slid about 10" into the other lane, and go figure, around a blind corner and just happened to have someone else coming the other way... This is why I need a track to play with. :nono:

CRsupraiii;1864450 said:
Hahaha you couldn't pry me off of this bike! I was cruising around all last night until I posted at like 3 am. Gotta love that four-cylinder fury when mated to a full exhaust.
See, four cylinder vehicles can sound awesome. Just have to pipe them right and rev them hard enough. ;)

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Already clocked 450 miles driving it a few days a week. No real hairy situations but with enough distance its easy to spot the dick heads. So far so good. Looking at new boots, slip on water proof pants with protection and some water proof gloves and a backpack. Just in case i ride and get caught in the rain like i got caught twice. My first time on the bike 100% clear skies stop off at my GF leave come outside to dark hell and down pour. Took it easy got home safe and dried off. Glad jacket was water proof but need more water proof gear. Its so much fun, i've ridden to work every day its been nice out.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
love the vintage bikes... have had a few of them. currently have a 06 klr650... 705 kit... tons of other mods... daily it in the summer... 45950 miles on it, average about 8k a year...from snowmelt to first flake!

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
fixitman04;1864658 said:
gear is a definite must... check out this thread from the klr forum... http://www.klr650.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105177
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBEm0j9E2fM&feature=youtu.be watch the fall at the end... not very much of a slide... but look at the damaged gear and the relatively undamaged leg... speaks volumes for wearing protection

Yup, i won't ride in shorts, always denim but i want rider specific pants.... which i've seen 70-150 roughly so its a good investment

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
fixitman04;1864657 said:
love the vintage bikes... have had a few of them. currently have a 06 klr650... 705 kit... tons of other mods... daily it in the summer... 45950 miles on it, average about 8k a year...from snowmelt to first flake!
So, that must make for an awfully busy August in ND... :p

OneJArpus;1864753 said:
Yup, i won't ride in shorts, always denim but i want rider specific pants.... which i've seen 70-150 roughly so its a good investment
You know, even an expensive piece of gear is still a LOT cheaper (and more pleasant) than the hospital visit if you don't wear it...

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
te72;1864808 said:
You know, even an expensive piece of gear is still a LOT cheaper (and more pleasant) than the hospital visit if you don't wear it...

Gear up for the wreck not for the ride.
Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
te72;1864808 said:
So, that must make for an awfully busy August in ND... :p

i usually start riding in march... and stop in october/november.... gotta love heated seats,grips and pants!

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
a689581c-3a81-91f5.jpg
. Here is the beast

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
fixitman04;1865079 said:
i usually start riding in march... and stop in october/november.... gotta love heated seats,grips and pants!
Long as it is above freezing, it is top down / bike weather, right? :rofl:

Got some funny looks, bundled up with the heater on and targa off/roof down around here...

IanC;1865080 said:
My bikes don't get winterized. I ride year round.
Kinda hard to ride year round if half the year is covered in snow. ;)

IanC

Jul 13, 2012
Maryville, TN
te72;1865123 said:
Long as it is above freezing, it is top down / bike weather, right? :rofl:

Got some funny looks, bundled up with the heater on and targa off/roof down around here...

Kinda hard to ride year round if half the year is covered in snow. ;)

That makes the ride really interesting.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
I actually draw the line at snow... If there is snow im not riding the bike... Il take the sled.. On a side note i wont ride it below zero

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IanC;1865140 said:
That makes the ride really interesting.
Well played sir... I guess if you have the right setup and are a hardass and a half, with brass ones the size of bowling balls, then kudos to you. :)

fixitman04;1865170 said:
There is actually two klr riders in town that stud up the tires and ride year round. Even on the -40* days
Speaking of hardasses, what must their skin be made of? It is unpleasant enough to have a gust of wind hit your face when it is -40° out...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I don't know if I've posted in here or not, but I own a 2009 yama vstar 950 and I ride it five or six times a week probably. Mostly after work in the evenings my wife and I or my daughter and I will get on it and go for a ride. This will be the first winter I've had it so I can't tell you how much I'll ride, but our winters generally aren't too severe.