another car won't start thread

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
I made a quick video showing how even the compression sounds on my motor. You can hear in your video that it is very uneven. Do a compression check and report back. Shouldn't be lower than 128psi and each cyl should all be within 14 PSI of each other.

[video=youtube;f3KK4wl8MZY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3KK4wl8MZY[/video]

ryostyle

Aug 11, 2010
Sacramento, CA
CyFi6;1730202 said:
Are you sure the pump is running while you are cranking? Are you sure fuel is actually making it into the cylinders?

No not sure at all. i'm sure it runs on the diag port but not sure if it runs while I'm cranking.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Devin may be onto something with compression, it should be checked, but it doesn't sound like you have lost all compression IMO I would think it would still fire at least a little. Spray some starting fluid or brake cleaner into a vacuum port and see if it fires up momentarily.

ryostyle

Aug 11, 2010
Sacramento, CA
jonahs_supra;1730517 said:
Just do as I said with the screwdriver and see if your timing is still correct
Did that a long time ago. Its correct.

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

jetjock;1730459 said:
Only took 6 days. Could have been worse....

Hey, if I don't have proper compression, no worries, I wanna do this right. No rush. These cars need to be respected and done right.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I also just notice the throttle going back and forth. Stop doing that. To get rid of your flooding that has compounded the problem, hold your accelerator pedal to the floor while cranking. This will take 15-20 seconds. Then let the starter rest.

supra_man87

EL GUAPO
Nov 15, 2007
So. Col.
updates? my 92 is doing this too. everything is EXACTLY like yours. timing is correct. cps marks are lined up. #1 piston is at tdc and crank is pointing at 0*. Did a compression test on all 6 and all roughly 95psi. i would think that its that low because my block was bored out to 40 over, probe pistons and rings gaped to (top ring).018, (second ring) .019, and (oil rings).013. Updates and thoughts would be great.