AF1JZ aka AFone's build up thread

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Dave- I'm back to hell now. I want to go back to hawaii.

DK- I'm very impressed with the quality of the coilovers. Very sturdy and don't look cheaply made at all. The ride is very nice too. I have it set at like 22 out of 32 (32 being the softest). I'm going to toy with them this weekend some more. I'm going to do a write up after I use them for a bit and see how they are.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I paid $930 shipped for them. The website that I got them from had a $20 off promotion and free shipping. Only reason I got them was because of my insurance money from my lil accident.

LilMiss- Thanks!!! I'll have a pic soon for you.

Kyle- The radiator is Great!!! Thanks again for hooking a brother up.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I'm on lunch and thought I would take some pics. This is what I mean by too low. I'm going to fix that this weekend.

p655395_1.jpg

p655395_2.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
i see your tucking with your megans too lol. i had to raise mine an inch up front. how do you like yours so far AF1JZ? im impressed at how nice they ride especially considering the spring rates

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Slow- Yea, it is pretty low in the front. I'm liking them so far. Ride is nice like you said since the spring rate is pretty high. I'm going to adjust them tomorrow.

Kyle- Funny thing is the front has like 2'' and the rear has about 3/4'' left to lower from where it sits now. Why anyone would want to or even be able to lower it all the way and still have it driveable I have no clue. Great coilovers though.

Ian- I wouldn't doubt it one bit. It's not my style to have it that low. I was just too lazy to raise it back up today.

LilMiss- Thanks!!! Told ya I'd get you some pics.

Overall after driving some tonight I'm pretty happy with them. I just have to do some adjusting to make them perfect and I'll be good.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I adjusted the front up some. It is actually a tad bit to high. But, I'm about to head to the mall and don't have time to jack the car back up and mess with it. I'm going to bring the front back down about 1/2'' and the rear just a hair.

Also, if you noticed I got bored today and decided to paint my wheels gunmetal. I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out. Just have to do the body work and get her painted and she'll almost be done (yea right).

p656646_1.jpg

p656646_2.jpg

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
I don't know if is because you're "lip-less" but I like the before pictures. Except for the offset of the front wheels. Still looks nice though, just not as good as before IMO.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Yea, I really need to get a lip. The one that was on there was all busted up. I'm going to lower it back down in the front just a little bit if it doesn't settle like Ian said.

BTW, what would be a good size wheel spacer for the front. I hate the way that they are sunk in the front. The rears are fine though. I'm just retarded when it comes to offsets and what not.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
I'm not 100% sure how many mm you'll need on the stock MKIV wheels, but I would think at least 3-5mm. It also depends how close to the fender you want them to be.

If you want a lip, let me know. I have a brand new, never used, ShineAuto 2 hole I can sell you. PM me if interested.