AF1JZ aka AFone's build up thread

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Well, I guess the next pic will be classified as part of my "build". I got a door and fender in great shape from xarewhyayen today down in philly. Reason I had to get them is from my little accident (http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45790).

So, I got them home and sanded and primed them white and used a flat white paint over that. After I did that, I realized they were in excellent condition. So, I'm pretty happy about that. I also had to sand and paint the rear quarter panel that bolts on. I'll be putting them on tomorrow.

p657499_1.jpg

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
It was only $150 for the door and fender. Damn good deal. I didn't spend all of it. I still have some left for the body work supplies and some paint. I'm gonna have to source some money for the rest of the paint.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I decided to do some weight reduction today. Think I would loose some time in the quarter :naughty: ?!

Just jokin...I put the all the damaged parts on today. I just have to get those little plastic pieces that hold the door trim. Next is to do the small amount of body work and get her painted. Sorry for the blurry second pic.

p658761_1.jpg

p658761_2.jpg

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
buckshotglass said:
That's a good days work. Looking good.

Thanks, it took me about 2 1/2 hours.

I forgot to tell you guys my retarded moment today....So, I put the door on and was making sure everything worked before I put the panel back on the inside and the damn window wouldn't go up. That was about 30 mins of the 2 1/2 hours trying to figure that shit out. Finally, I realized the key wasn't turned all the way over. So, finally figured it out and buttoned it up.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Not much new. Been working long hours lately. But, I did manage to put in the shift/e-brake boot made by Empera this evening (Thanks Emp). Don't mind the pics. The interior isn't really that dirty. Just because of the flash it picks up everything. Getting detailed tomorrow inside anyway.

Old and busted....

p663685_1.jpg

New Hotness.....

p663685_2.jpg

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
AF1JZ said:
Don't mind the pics. The interior isn't really that dirty. Just because of the flash it picks up everything. Getting detailed tomorrow inside anyway.QUOTE]

ewwww, that interior is so dirty :biglaugh:

Just messing with ya. That's just a little dust.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
MKIII-DRIFTKING said:
AF1JZ said:
Don't mind the pics. The interior isn't really that dirty. Just because of the flash it picks up everything. Getting detailed tomorrow inside anyway.QUOTE]

ewwww, that interior is so dirty :biglaugh:

Just messing with ya. That's just a little dust.

Yea, I know. It'll be clean tomorrow.