A slow start but hey

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
so I guess the best way to start this off is by throwing a few pics up of the parts I have for my build

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I went oem clutch and cover plate since I don't really plan on building the motor till I have everything else going first. but as you can see I did order that flashy lightweight flywheel.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

the new engine I picked up

sm_photo_missing.jpg

and this is what I have to play with.. kinda hard to stay motivated since I never drove it and the engine is sitting next to the car. but I know what its potential is so it overweighs any feelings of giving up.

overall once I get it running its full steam ahead my goals for the car is to hit a decent high horsepower so I got a while to go.
<edit IJ>

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Everyone has to start somewhere, and looks to me like you have a good starting point... That shell is very clean, and you'll love it when its done... Good luck man!

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
its a 92. my plans, well right now getting it running is the main focus at the moment. after that I'll go for suspension and brakes. once I have the car itself ready then I'll go back to the engine. the new engine is in very decent condition unlike the old one. never saw a freeze plug just be missing before till now. but the block itself is ok so I might build that one up.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
ok everybody I know this has long been dead with zero updates.. but heres the update, I finally got my engine in and its running a few bugs here and there and a low idle but its running. did a couple of test drives near my shop at night and man talk about cool. I just wish I had pics but the camera I was using was being a bitch. I guess a quick rundown is close enough. I yanked the pan a few days prior to install to see all new bearings, oil pump and squirters. so overall my new engine is sweet. umm once I work the bugs out and get its registration up to date. then my real build begins, so please bare with me.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I love me sum 1992 supras..............:love:

Now get some freaking pictures posted....................:p

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
ok heres some pics, cuz what goods a thread with nothing to see right.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I just washed it.. now I know the engine bay is nothing special but I kept it stock till the registration shit is over. but the new flywheel is a kick ass improvement.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I'm loving your car. It is very clean!!! Your engine bay in the stock form is looking pretty good. Keep it up and also keep us updated on your progress.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
$800.. damn guy blew the old motor to hell and back. like think bhg but with sides of the block coming apart. never saw a freeze plug just cleanly be gone like this before.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
No big deal on the motor, but the body looks great. Is is the stock paint and no body work? What's the interior look like and did it come with a title? Very good find non the less. Treat her good :icon_bigg .

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
AF1JZ said:
No big deal on the motor, but the body looks great. Is is the stock paint and no body work? What's the interior look like and did it come with a title? Very good find non the less. Treat her good :icon_bigg .

same paint just repainted to keep it fresh although bastard was cheap on it with maaco, whatever tho. interior is perfect... this guy couldn't keep a engine in it no longer than 10,000 miles due to lack of maintenance. but as for appearance its perfect. I mean zero body work. only crappy thing is no title and its from texas. therefore my last headache before I can truly kick this build off.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
ok quick update, got some new stuff in from ups today

sm_photo_missing.jpg

new samco rad hoses and slave cylinder with steel braided line. now I know this isn't forged pistons or a bigger turbo. thats in the future tho so stay with me ok.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
FINALLY, I do mean finally I got the registration nailed down. next month or so I can finally have all the paper work done for my mk3.. been damn near a year and the biggest F-You was the paperwork.

at least I got a temp tag to tie me over.

also means more pics and more parts and better vids are to come.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
YAY! finally I get the shake them titties emoticon, sweet!

horrible tho how it took almost a year to get to this point.