A Defiled MKIV

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
If hes not done with it yet than why is it up for sale on ebay?? OOOHHHH I know what happened, he was in the middle of this project, got laid off from his job, couldnt pay his credit card bill, cancelled the rims he had on backorder and had to post it up for sale before he lost his house... its all so clear now

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
sparkplug619;1405405 said:
If hes not done with it yet than why is it up for sale on ebay?? OOOHHHH I know what happened, he was in the middle of this project, got laid off from his job, couldnt pay his credit card bill, cancelled the rims he had on backorder and had to post it up for sale before he lost his house... its all so clear now

More common than you'd think... seen this happen here so often in the time I've been a member on SM that I've lost count...

Altezza576

Jul 17, 2009
New York
Most people get in way over their heads when they start modding a car, much less a MK4 Supra. Parts are NOT cheap, and small projects that you estimate $500 could more than likely end up costing over $2000. That body kit is pricey assuming its a true Top Secret. Perhaps the kid didnt understand how much work it was going to be to fit a TS-WB kit and paint it on a Supra. I dont particularly like the look of the car as is, but it does have potential but needs $$$ to be finished in a clean aggressive way. The GT300 wing is like $2500? and what teenager has that kinda money? Perhaps the Blitz wing was a cheaper alternative. You tend run out of funding really fast with Supras. I really like the Gold TS car, but again, it costs to look like that. I'm probably over $50K in upgrades on my restored MK4 3yrs down the road, so I can understand. To all those folks that claim it is so ugly, please post a pic of your supra :)

Justin727

T-virus infected
a busted ass mk3 would look better.
The car was bought like that sir. The only thing they had to do was throw some wheels on it. Daddy just didnt have the money to do it all as to why he is selling it. Son doesn't know too much about the car anyhow. All dad knows is it's worth some $$$

it's hard to tell in pictures but the front fenders are slightly higher than the hood. Nothing lines up all to well. Whomever installed the kit didnt do all that great.
Atleast they just had the car resprayed.

Wade T

7m Mk2 terror
Apr 6, 2005
Seattle
Altezza576;1405479 said:
To all those folks that claim it is so ugly, please post a pic of your supra :)

I'd drive the biggest POS I could find on craigslist before being caught dead that riced freak show.

TheAmazingDave

Formerly 86mister2
Feb 26, 2007
Cali South Bay
Geez, that poor thing's Fugly! I really hope it isn't finished. :3d_frown:

Altezza576;1405479 said:

Sure.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I prefer the clean lines of a narrow body Mk3.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Altezza576;1405479 said:

just because you have a MKIV, doesn't mean you need to be the ambassador for the defense of all MKIV's...

there are those of us critizing that have uglier and nicer Supras then the one the OP posted, so that is completely irrelevant...

rawfish

Sep 16, 2009
Afton ,,mn, & Eau Claire Wi
I a MKIV owner and imo that shit is nasty as hell and what a shitty job fitting that kit. TRD wide body is okay because it does not fuck up the lines of the car but that kit just ruins it.

new one
sm_photo_missing.jpg

old one
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

Altezza576

Jul 17, 2009
New York
RazoE;1412818 said:
just because you have a MKIV, doesn't mean you need to be the ambassador for the defense of all MKIV's...

there are those of us critizing that have uglier and nicer Supras then the one the OP posted, so that is completely irrelevant...

I am just giving my thoughts, everyone has different tastes in modding. Owning an MK4 doesn't change my point of view, it gives me an understanding of what it takes to modify that car. I am not pretending to be an ambassador, thanks though. :nono: