'87 Drag Car 7M awesomeness

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
ProEFI setup mostly complete.

New bushings and boots to replace melted ones in the fire.

Drilled and tapped the tranny for line pressure and catch can for the vent

Finished removing seam sealer and wet sanded for primer

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
Why remove seam seals? Did u seam weld the front of the car? Also, I made this mistake when sending my car for paint; it's a good idea to jack up the car so the pillow ball mounts lower so u can paint that hard to reach hole....when u get coilovers it will be more visible and kind of an eye sore if there's a spot missed there. Thats one reason im repainting my bay as well

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
NegativeGeForce;1989940 said:
Why remove seam seals? Did u seam weld the front of the car? Also, I made this mistake when sending my car for paint; it's a good idea to jack up the car so the pillow ball mounts lower so u can paint that hard to reach hole....when u get coilovers it will be more visible and kind of an eye sore if there's a spot missed there. Thats one reason im repainting my bay as well

Cause it looks way better with nice Seams instead of globs of shit everywhere. I stitch welded the shock towers, and will do the rest/bolt holes when it's ready for paint.

And yes, I would have the car lifted up or something for the shock mount area. The spray right there was mainly from me masking it.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Pretty sure the hole car will be stripped to nothing but the shell and put on rotisserie to paint it lol.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
NegativeGeForce;1989141 said:
Let me know what you guys end up with. Might be better off ordering 2 identical dampers at the same time.

Called them not to long ago about making me a 22re damper for my truck

one off dampers start at 800+ usd and if you want a deal you have to get 10 made

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Might be a dumb question, but do drag cars have dampers?

Can't we just CNC a pulley out of aluminum lime the under drive pulleys and add some ferrous pickups into it?

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
Yep was gonna say the same thing as atm. Alum crank pullies are worthless and should be illegal to sell. U would be better off getting a cover machined for the off the shelf ati damper thats $380. Albert, If u can machine a cover for the off the shelf damper I'd buy one from you lol.

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
Finally installed some parts I've had for a couple years

Aero catch hood pins

B&M line lock, new tube ends for the 3/8-24 I.F. Fittings

Removed the rear coupler, rebent and reflared the lines. Bolted into the factory bolt.

Rebuilt the master, and mounted all the lines back on.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Albert;1990080 said:
Might be a dumb question, but do drag cars have dampers?

Can't we just CNC a pulley out of aluminum lime the under drive pulleys and add some ferrous pickups into it?

The engine will run alot rougher with a billet pully. The 7m crank moves alot and the damper helps prevent this. the 7m crank shaft you can run smaller damper because it is fully balanced were as the 6m crank shaft is counter and will move around alot more.

high hp and reving 22re will snap there crank shafts because of stupid dampers that lcengering makes. They make them under drive and make them full alum. and say bs about over driveing water pumps and what not when you can just clip the bloody pump or run a different pulley on the water pump.

The only engine were you can really get away with a full alum pulley is boxer motor because of it bore and stroke ratio mixed with a very short crank.

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
high hp and reving 22re
Theres such thing as high hp 22re?? lol
Whats a good forum for these trucks? I just got mine running and I'm looking for a few things.

Steven, I plan on moving my harness hole right behind the motor to clean up the bay. Probably with a mil spec. You might have this done while you're in there. Though, you probably already have that in mind haha

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
Spanish Surprise;1990177 said:
Theres such thing as high hp 22re?? lol
Whats a good forum for these trucks? I just got mine running and I'm looking for a few things.

Steven, I plan on moving my harness hole right behind the motor to clean up the bay. Probably with a mil spec. You might have this done while you're in there. Though, you probably already have that in mind haha

I have a couple mil spec connectors bought but am missing some pieces for everyone I find. I need to actually sit down and source the right stuff cause it's almost time for wiring anyway.
Any sources on connectors?