2010 Southeast Supra Fall Meet

Are you going to the meet?

• Total voters

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
PS- If anyone knows of a Great condition 87-88 front bumper, LMK. Hell- bring it to the meet with you- I need one bad.

Also, I will be bringing some 89+ climate controllers with me, if anyone wants to buy one.
All of them are led converted, including the temp displays.

We can swap yours out, right at the meet. How many times can you say you went to a drag strip, and your car came out in better shape than it went in?
LOL.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Got the valve seals in my wifes car done and its a lot better, but still has some issues, I drove it 50 miles so I am not worried about it making it to the meet, but the smoke is still pretty bad at some points so I don't think its going to be racing. As for mine time is drawing near and there is still a lot of work to do to it. If I didn't have school work (even though its only one course) and side jobs I keep having to do I would be further along on mine. Should be able to get more work done each night after work so we will see what happens.

Linchmob87

Jul 27, 2010
Bowersville,GA
Natedogr was there during the summer from Macon, Good to see Macon folks coming up. My wife is from Macon.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

We have 21 people saying they are for sure coming (a few always don't) then 11 maybes, so we should have a pretty damn good turnout ya'll.
Oh and BTW there will be a few people wearing costumes!

Last edited:

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Well despite my best efforts my car is not going to make it so we will be there in my wifes supra. Because of the smoke issue she will probably not be racing, nor will I be able to unless they dont care about a whole lot of smoke from a car racing on their track.

Also I just wanted to see if anyone needed parts because I have a bunch of stuff I need to get rid of because I want to park my wifes car in my shop and the whole bay is taken up in parts. Let me know what you guys want and need and either I can bring it to the meet or you can come here before the meet go look through the stuff and get what you want. Here is the post, there is a lot more than what is listed but I am going through the stuff as I go.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?131845-Garage-clean-out-lots-of-stuff-needs-to-go.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Sorry guys. I didn't realize this was soo far away from the house. I thought it would be about two hours or so, but it turns out its 4 hours and fifteen minutes one way. Hopefully I can come to one a little closer or have it for a full weekend. My wife has to work tomorrow and we were looking forward to meeting up with some of you guys for a few hours and then chilling out in a hotel without the kids, but there's no way we can make this. She doesn't get off of work until four thirty.

Linchmob87

Jul 27, 2010
Bowersville,GA
suprahero;1630997 said:
Sorry guys. I didn't realize this was soo far away from the house. I thought it would be about two hours or so, but it turns out its 4 hours and fifteen minutes one way. Hopefully I can come to one a little closer or have it for a full weekend. My wife has to work tomorrow and we were looking forward to meeting up with some of you guys for a few hours and then chilling out in a hotel without the kids, but there's no way we can make this. She doesn't get off of work until four thirty.

you can come a little late to the strip....you could hang out with us for some grill time Saturday. Just some ideas, if you cant you cant. I understand.
Chris

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Just so everyone knows a group of us are meeting up at a mexican restaurant at exit 137 on 85, its the pendergrass flee market exit which is highway 129. Before that Diego and Jon are meeting up in the lawrenceville area either highway 20 exit or sugarloaf exit if anyone wants to meet and either roll with them up to the restaurant or just meet up with us at the restaurant. Sorry dont know the name of the place but when you get off the exit it will be directly in front of you if you are going north on 85, if you are going south take the left and it will be on your left.

Last edited:

Linchmob87

Jul 27, 2010
Bowersville,GA
When you guys get to the parking lot, let's all group up! No scragglers, all supras together please. Me and a friend are meeting at the Waffle House in Lavonia,GA at 4:30 if anyone is coming down 85 south from South Carolina. See you guys in a little bit!

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Well most of you are probably on your way already, but it looks like my wifes car is not going to make it either, we went for a test drive because it was still smoking some and the turbo went completely out. I took the elbow off and it just just blowing a stream of oil out of the turbo and has a lot of shaft play, probably a 1/4 inch or more of shaft play. So yea turbo is gone, and cant drive the car now. We will still be there just supraless.

Linchmob87

Jul 27, 2010
Bowersville,GA
damn hate to hear that man. Still cool to come man, the last meet I put a couple hundred bucks into planning it, then the week before the meet BHG!!! It's all good, see you there.
-Chris

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
Well, we turned around and headed home before even getting half way...
Some jackhole plowed into the back of a tractor trailer and pretty much shut down 285E. Took us about an hour to go 6 miles.

I hope you guys have fun! We tried! :(
Better luck next time for us...