2010 Southeast Supra Fall Meet

Are you going to the meet?

• Total voters

bombinuass

Mar 20, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
DreamerTheresa;1631355 said:
Well, we turned around and headed home before even getting half way...
Some jackhole plowed into the back of a tractor trailer and pretty much shut down 285E. Took us about an hour to go 6 miles.

I hope you guys have fun! We tried! :(
Better luck next time for us...

the Wife and I was hoping to meet you and Mike before we moved, Maybe we can organize a meet in Florida that you two could come to, or maybe lunch before we move but idk was a fun night but I was very disappointed in how it turned out.

Linchmob87

Jul 27, 2010
Bowersville,GA
Next time will definitely try a Saturday. Well guys my first ever run time at the drag strip was a 15.3 Not to bad for my first time I guess, I feathered it alot at the line, in order to not break my diff. Spent alot of time in line tonight, lot of stuff tearing up. Alot of no shows tonight ya'll, thanks to the ones that did show up. Had around 6 mk4s, 5 mk2s, and 5 mk3s but it was come and go, no-one was sticking around and grouping. Had fun though ya'll!

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

AtlantaMK3;1631316 said:
Sorry i cant make it ....but what time and place is the get together on saturday??? if there is one still???

Turnout was so low, had zero support on Saturday, so I reckon Saturday won't be this time. The next meet will prob. be in the spring, we'll shoot for a Saturday next time. I will run better next time, piggy-back tuning and more to come. I'll get there, better diff too so that I can dump it!

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

bombinuass;1631374 said:
the Wife and I was hoping to meet you and Mike before we moved, Maybe we can organize a meet in Florida that you two could come to, or maybe lunch before we move but idk was a fun night but I was very disappointed in how it turned out.

sorry about the disappointment man, next time will be bigger, promise that! :)

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

DreamerTheresa;1631355 said:
Well, we turned around and headed home before even getting half way...
Some jackhole plowed into the back of a tractor trailer and pretty much shut down 285E. Took us about an hour to go 6 miles.

I hope you guys have fun! We tried! :(
Better luck next time for us...

Understandable, hopefully you guys can make it next time. Gonna be in the spring I'm thinking.

Last edited:

Supraboy87T

Sep 14, 2010
Kennesaw, Ga
Hope we can setup a meet on a saturday Chris. I didn't realize it was your car running until I left and you were trying to get one last run in. All in all still a good meet being able to chill with others that share a passion for our cars. Let's get this meet right next time. LOL

Linchmob87

Jul 27, 2010
Bowersville,GA
Well it was posted for awhile, sometimes you just have alot of people vote on yes we are coming and then they don't. We'll shoot next time for the time to actually chill as a group and time t o race. Being my first time....a 5mge will run a 16.9 and I ran a 15.3 on my first time I'm satisfied, only briefly, I want more!

Linchmob87

Jul 27, 2010
Bowersville,GA
yea long as it's the one where I was running the mk4! :) he smooshed me, soon enough I will be spanking mk4's. Don't post my first run ever, slow, shoot it to me in a PM. Next year I feel there will be alot of me going to the strip and running the hell out of my car.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Yeah, I think the Friday thing was the main issue.
Problem of course is, that the track's open night is on Fridays. But mayb e next time, we can set up something with a different venue.
OR, is there another drag track on the south side of town? And on the subject of meets, is there simply a regular import meetup, like
down at Varisty, where we could get together as a group?
PS- This will be the last time my car will be seen for awhile(I hope). I'm retiring it to the garage for a full restoration,
so in the meantime, i'm trying to get my 86 MR2 up and running as my daily driver. But maybe by spring, the supra will be back and looking pretty.

: )

Linchmob87

Jul 27, 2010
Bowersville,GA

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

supraguy@aol;1631683 said:
Yeah, I think the Friday thing was the main issue.
Problem of course is, that the track's open night is on Fridays. But mayb e next time, we can set up something with a different venue.
OR, is there another drag track on the south side of town? And on the subject of meets, is there simply a regular import meetup, like
down at Varisty, where we could get together as a group?
PS- This will be the last time my car will be seen for awhile(I hope). I'm retiring it to the garage for a full restoration,
so in the meantime, i'm trying to get my 86 MR2 up and running as my daily driver. But maybe by spring, the supra will be back and looking pretty.

: )

The track can be used on a Saturday, I think you would have to rent the track for a day though, costs a few grand. The only free running nights are Friday. I'll talk to Ray, the guy that runs the track and see about a Saturday next year when the schedule comes out. My goal is really to get a huge event going along the lines of SILV. I dream of that....
I will be doing the same thing to my mk2 in probably a year or maybe a little more. Tearing down the motor for rebuild purposes, bigger turbo and alot more horsepower

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Well we are on the search for another turbo for her car and I will be making the slow progress on my car as always. Hopefully by next year I will have mine going and hopefully by Christmas my wifes will be completely done, hopefully the heater in my shop holds out for winter so I can still paint. Once I get both our cars going we will be able to throw in a lot more support.

As for meets I am kind of thinking of doing something a little different. I am going to check and see what it will take to rent Turner field's parking lot for a day and set up an auto cross course. Drag is fun but I think autoX would be a lot more fun. From what I have seen I think it should be about a grand to rent the parking lot so I am going to see about pulling all my strings and getting some sponsors to help pay for the event. May end up having to bring some others in on it to help so might bring in some other car groups to help with the costs.

Diego as for import meets I am down for that once I get my car going again, hell at that point we could take my wifes civic. As for the Varsity I have heard its not a friendly attitude with respect for cars, maybe I am wrong. Once I get some free time and my cars done I will get more involved and see what I can do to help us along.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Another thing I have been wanting to do is head up to the tail of the dragon if anyone is interested once my cars are finished. Looking at around next summer to have both completely finished. Well they are supras so completely finished is a relative term.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Yeah, Varsity is a bit sketchy. a LOT of different imports which is cool, but it always seems on the verge of being shut down. Last time I was there, a guy was doing burnouts IN the lot, and the cops came. Dumb.