1UZ into my MKIII

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
GuNDeZZZ;1206999 said:
:eek:wned:

Chris, call me if you are coming out tonight, and dont forget the head studs and crank pully if you already pulled them...

Thanks man,

Dustin

Dustin, I'll give you a call later, but just to let you know a head of time, I goofed. I dont have the studs... I forgot that I had pulled them about about a year ago and sold'em and went back to the stock bolts.... I do have the pulley though......

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
cjsupra90;1207063 said:
Dustin, I'll give you a call later, but just to let you know a head of time, I goofed. I dont have the studs... I forgot that I had pulled them about about a year ago and sold'em and went back to the stock bolts.... I do have the pulley though......

Its cool, he doesnt need the studs anyway... He does need the pulley though

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Finally got the first video up (camera connection problem resolved)... Its not the greatest video, but its of the car running. Im gonna try to get somemore over then next few days... Oh, in the one section of it, its not smoke, its the camera lens fogging cause my buddy was to close to the exhaust....

Enjoy....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j300OZt5ah8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j300OZt5ah8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
mk3design;1209215 said:
Damn, the exhaust sounds nice!

Thanks.... The camera does it no justic... It sounds awesome in person... I've had several people compliment me about it when Im out driving around... It does turn heads and make people question the car and whats in it..... The part that sucks is that Im gonna have to redo the exhaust here in the very near future cause the first muffle is a dual inlet / outlet with a built in X-pips. Its a 5 x 8 case and I have it tucked into the tunnel as high as I can get it and it catches on everything cause it still hangs to low. Its so bad that with a more then 3/4 tank of gas, it scraps the speed bumps in my complex.... Im gonna have to eliminate it and put a regular X-pipe in its place to gain a bunch of ground clearance..

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Just cut the exhaust off halfway through the normal exhaust and odn't bother piping it all the way out, sounds goo,d be ice to see it turbocharged or supercharged and modded so that the swap would be as good or better than a JZ swap thatd help justify it anyway.

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
cjsupra90;1209224 said:
Thanks.... The camera does it no justic... It sounds awesome in person... I've had several people compliment me about it when Im out driving around... It does turn heads and make people question the car and whats in it..... The part that sucks is that Im gonna have to redo the exhaust here in the very near future cause the first muffle is a dual inlet / outlet with a built in X-pips. Its a 5 x 8 case and I have it tucked into the tunnel as high as I can get it and it catches on everything cause it still hangs to low. Its so bad that with a more then 3/4 tank of gas, it scraps the speed bumps in my complex.... Im gonna have to eliminate it and put a regular X-pipe in its place to gain a bunch of ground clearance..

Ive see this car a few times now... and the camera really doesn't capture the sound well at all...

Chris the white door handle is a passenger one, so you will have to get the drivers one off my parts car...

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Dustin, thanks man... I'll have to grab the one off the parts car and rattle can it for now....

Whats up with Alex's car, anything?

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
cjsupra90;1209351 said:
Dustin, thanks man... I'll have to grab the one off the parts car and rattle can it for now....

Whats up with Alex's car, anything?

I haven't heard a word from Alex since Saturday... I dunno whats up...

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Here's a few more pics that were taken by a frind of mine last week that he emailed to me today.... Im hoping to have a couple more video's over the coarse of the next few days...

Also will be posting some pic of our little mini meet that we had monday. Most likely a record setting event. Most 1UZ V8 powered MKIII's in the same place at the same time. 4 of them to be exact (mine, two other local guys and a guy from TN that came down for the holidays)... The pic were all done in HDR so I dont know what all the deal is but the guy that took them said he wont be able to do whatever with them until after christmas (probably this comming weekend)........

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1209867_1.jpg

p1209867_2.jpg

p1209867_3.jpg

p1209867_4.jpg

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Well after much continplation, Im probably going to sell the my UZ powered Supra.... I've had the car for almost 8yrs now and Im getting board with it. I thought the V8 swap might have helped and although it is a totally different animal to drive, its still the same car to me. The only problem is I dont know if I want to get back into Rotary's and RX7's or something different like a 240sx or MR2... I cant really make up my mind on that matter.......

Anyways, I pulled the BBK off of it and am going to throw it up for sale here as soon as I cleen it up. If anyone is interest in it before I have a chance to cleen it up and post it in the forsale section, PM me or email me at chris1uzmkiii@gmail.com.... For those who are unfamiliar with what I have, it is a custom built (by me) BBK that uses Wilwood Billit Superlite 6pot calipers on a 12.75" rotor. Being that its on a 12.75 rotor, it fits (just barely) inside the stock sawblades (and this can be varified by a few local members that have seen the car). Because the calipers are Radial mount, changing to a full 13 rotor is not a problem, just requiers an extra 1/8" of spacers on the mount studs or you could go to a maximum of 13.25" rotor but that would requier longer studs and more spacers. Like I said, if your interested, PM me or email me and I can give more details.

And if anyone might be interested in the car itself, let me know also.