1UZ into my MKIII

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Why not just run full standalone. I dont see why this cant be done unless there is something that Im missing here. Thats how I plan on doing it if I do get a chance in the future to pick one up and swap it in....

MidShipCivic

Honda/Nissan/Mitsubishi
Sep 19, 2005
Orlando Florida
pogoism9;1205634 said:
Heh damn 1UZ is a large one. Its all the fun of a 4 liter V8 with the dimensions of a larger american 8.

You are just taking the cylinder heads as ''large'' OHV engine don't have heads like DOHC , so they won't be as large.

IJ.;1205726 said:
"If" you stay on the stock ECU's it's sort of ok but I was looking at twin m800's to run it. (not a big fan of "fooling" stock ecu's to play along)

You do not need two ecu's to run this engine you can use one. ESPECIALLY if you're talking about M800 series from Motec they can drive 24 injectors alone.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Ian, I dont know about the whole 24 inj. thing above by midship, but looking at the M800 spec, it would easily handle the V12 as long as you didn't want to run Full Sequencial fuel and ignition. 6 paired batches injectors and waste spark.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Chris: LOL why on earth would you do that though.....

If you're going to the trouble of a 1Gz personally I'm NOT going to run batch/waste anything.

24xIgn yeah ok (maybe but I think 20 is the limit though) using IEX's maybe but it's STILL waste spark and I haven't had good experiences with IEX's in the past.

NOTHING in MoTeC's current line up will do the job off the shelf it'd need to be expanded to work not to mention DBW and other niceties.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Sorry ass Motec Shit!!!!!!! J/K....... ;)

Me personally, I dont mind waste spark and batch fire. I've had good luck with it and dont really see that much differance between it and a fully sequencial everything for a street car unless your that worried about emissions and gas mileage. I have yet to see a fully sequencial (everything) make that much more power on the same motor over batched and waste spark setups to make them worth the hassle extra money to me. But thats just my personal oppinion..... ;)

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i remmber reading some time ago there was an issue wiht thed timing gears or some thgin around there can't remmber now what the issue was wiht stand alones back then

MidShipCivic

Honda/Nissan/Mitsubishi
Sep 19, 2005
Orlando Florida
cjsupra90;1206494 said:
Ian, I dont know about the whole 24 inj. thing above by midship, but looking at the M800 spec, it would easily handle the V12 as long as you didn't want to run Full Sequencial fuel and ignition. 6 paired batches injectors and waste spark.

Fully review these systems. It will drive 12 injectors high impedance sequentially.

IJ.;1206612 said:
Chris: LOL why on earth would you do that though.....

If you're going to the trouble of a 1Gz personally I'm NOT going to run batch/waste anything.

24xIgn yeah ok (maybe but I think 20 is the limit though) using IEX's maybe but it's STILL waste spark and I haven't had good experiences with IEX's in the past.

NOTHING in MoTeC's current line up will do the job off the shelf it'd need to be expanded to work not to mention DBW and other niceties.

I put money that the oem 1gz use a multicoil waste spark ignition.

Yes a Motec could possibly drive 24 injectors through an expander, you could more than 2 injectors per driver, but what are you misunderstanding? It's still the single Motec doing all the work. regardless of your experience of problems.

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
IJ.;1206995 said:
Ask one of the MoTeC engineers if an 800 can run 24 injectors.....

You might want to check the attitude and back up your statements with some fact not what you believe.

:eek:wned:

Chris, call me if you are coming out tonight, and dont forget the head studs and crank pully if you already pulled them...

Thanks man,

Dustin

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Same same dude it's been a big couple of days for me and spanky's 24 injector pompous BS annoyed me......

I'm 99.99% sure it can't be done but will check with one of the MoTeC guys on Monday.

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
IJ.;1207011 said:
Same same dude it's been a big couple of days for me and spanky's 24 injector pompous BS annoyed me......

I'm 99.99% sure it can't be done but will check with one of the MoTeC guys on Monday.

I dont really know shit about MoTeC personally...

Never had a reason to study up on MoTec...

Yet...:evil2: