1JZ Translated Manual

supraracer49

3rd Gen Life
Nov 20, 2006
WNC
I was waiting on this manual to help me with my 1JZ swap too but the swap is over and done now and still no manual is posted :icon_conf

MA717MGTE

boostaholic
Apr 2, 2005
Bristol VA
:icon_idea GUYS!!! who is seriously translating this? I my self have been searching and have located a company that does translate automobile repair and owner manuals! They are located in Aukland NZ. they have a complete Soarer 91-98 and Supra 91-99 JZA80 but no JZA70. I did send of an initial e-mail and got this response.

Hello Wayne

Yes all is possible. We are able to translate if there are around 150 to
200 people interested and happy to pay around US$ 80 to $100 each.

Regards

Michael McCarthy (Director)

now i know this is alot, but i thought it may be helpful and really if enough people want/need a manual this can be done. this would be for the entire manual granted alot wont be usful to us because of our US spec TSRM's

any input here?

Ninja edit... would i get in trouble for posting this on supraforums?

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Up to $20K? Good luck getting that kind of financial support from the MKIII community.

What I think we really need is a way to collaborate and make it a community project.

Does anyone know of an OCR for Japanese text, or at least Katakana? Having the unicode of the text would allow for at least a start by using a computer translator, however poor the grammar may be.

A co-worker of mine knows some Japanese and his wife is from Japan. I can ask for their assistance, but they have an infant to care for so they wouldn't have much time to contribute. I'm thinking that I can't be the only one who knows any Japanese or someone who does.

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
I've been working on it. I got my hands on a Japanese OCR and I've been doing it in my spare time. It's going slow (lots of OCR errors to correct, formatting to change, etc). I'm about 10% or so done now. I hope to start putting pages up on 1JZ.com in the coming weeks. Is there any particular section anyone would like translated first?

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Sorry, there's no wiring in the manual.

I do have all the stuff I compiled when wiring up my AEM though. Let me know what you're trying to do and I'll see if I can help out.