1JZ Build..HKS...Greddy..ACT..Chrome..You Might Like It.Dont Hate :)

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
87M-GTE;1689904 said:
Some serious polishing action man, very impressive.

Thanks. Going to be wrapping the manifold soon with the Thermo-Tec heat wrap and use my turbo blanket as well. I hate how the runners get after use but you can never have too much heat protection, just ask Ian.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Polished Lower Intake Runners. Still Have To Use Some Mothers On It.

I have to hollow out the manifold to make it Undevided this weekend but first I have to gearbox to rebuild and 1JZ head to do as well.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Just started on the red car. It is being painted but the prep work is being done. Pictures to come tomorrow. Stupid turbo drain gasket started to leak, have to replace it now.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
After fixing the problems with the red car, it is now time for paint. Started to do the prep work and priming the areas that needed attention. Tomorrow the whole car will be sanded down.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Nothing done on either car's today. I had to finish building a 1JZ head. I should be getting some Wilwoods in the mail along with new sensors for my motor as well.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Where are you guys running your HKS 264's? How many degrees or retard and advance are you using?

I am looking for a clear 1JZ cam cover, anyone know where I can find one?

I want to set them but I am not to sure of the HKS cam card. I will have to study that some more.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
The Red Supra was painted today. I went by around 1 and the guy was still prepping the car, taping up the mouldings and certain spots, but I had to leave to ship some parts and then come home to study for my Calculus test. I will get some pictures tomorrow. Car was painted with PPG as well.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I have been getting a lot of request about moving the harness behind the dashboard and having it enter the firewall by the throttle cable.

Here is a picture and credit goes to gurley.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
The red supra is done being painted. We are just waiting on the paint to dry well enough to buff it out and sand it.

I also got my Wilwood from BigZavs. I will try to install them this weekend and like he said, they were barely used. A little surface rust on it but nothing some brake cleaner and sandpaper can't fix. They are 13" front rotors. It is the whole 13" Wilwood front kit.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Damn, fresh paint looks awesome.
Kinda random but, why is the rear wiper normally in the down position?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
mkiiichip;1693301 said:
Damn, fresh paint looks awesome.
Kinda random but, why is the rear wiper normally in the down position?

It was moved when doing some prep work, that is the reason for it being in the spot that it is in.

Last edited:

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I was in class today and on SupraMania, it is my C++ programming class but I was early, so I decided to look at my build thread.

The kid sitting next to me looks at it and says "What car is that?" Here is how that conversation went....From now on, when in computer lab, I unplug the computer next to me since I always sit at the same computer and want to look at my car on my phone. Really, WTF is wrong with this kid.

Chinese Kid: What car is that?

Me: A Supra.

Chinese Kid: Nice. You made it youself?

Me: Yes I did, but it is not done yet.(At this point, I was assuming he meant built.)

Chinese Kid: Cool, how long did it take?

Me: Over a year but I am still not done yet.

Chinese Kid: I want to build an R/C car myself. What does it run on? (WTF?)

Me: Ahhhh, Gas? (WTF Is This Kid Thinking)

Chinese Kid: O, it's a real car?

Me: Yes, it is.

Chinese Kid: O, okay. You have your own car? Cool.

Me: Ahh, yes, I bought it myself.

Chinese Kid: O, nice. What forums are you on?

Me: SupraForums and SupraMania.

Chinese Kid: What is your username so I can look at your thread?

Me: "IBoughtAMKIII" (Kid Seemed Wierd)

Chinese Kid: What is your E-Mail?

Me: *I Give Wrong E-Mail*

Chinese Kid: Cool, I will ask you if I have any questions.

Me: No problem.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Had to modify my A/R housing. Here is a shot of the turbo apart. I had to do it to fit my Quick Spool Valve properly, I did not like how it was sitting the way I got it.

sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I did not get anything done on the engine today, I did pick up my A/R housing after getting some stuff done to it, so the QSV fits nicely now.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
So I tried to put on my manifold today and forgot about having a darn divided manifold that cannot work with the QSV. I removed it and I took it to a guy who does my manifolds to get it modified. Three runners need to be adjusted to make me happy and make it a devided manifold.

I am also going to get some copper gaskets for my turbos since they are badass and better than the stainless ones.

Since I could not do much, I decided to polish my valve covers some more and took up close shots of my exhaust port work.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg