1986.5 7mge -> 2jzge my very first build.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Buy a legal shield subscription. Not sure what you have in your area. It's about 25.00 per month but gets you free legal advice and free lawyer letters. Have them fire off a letter to the paint shop and whoever else owes you money. I think its 25.00 per month...

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
ive just chucked it up as a loss on the $500 for the paint. its just a $3000 paint job to me now instead of $2500......
any how.....
My koyo radiator was murdered by a mechanical fan.....motor got excessivily hot....had signs of BHG on a 2j and decided to tear into it before the milkshake brings all da boys to da yard. bad joke

anyhow the motor was fine. block is still true, head is true, head gasket looks fine. not sure where the air bubbles came from in my coolant system. ill look again for cracks.

radiator is now patched up. 4 tubes were pinched off and tested to 16psi $75
OEM TT HG now ordered---------------------------------------------------------- $145
Seal kit for rebuilding 2jzge------------------------------------------------------$138
coolant,hoses,s366,clips,some wire loom, mojo coil conversion------------$i dont remember but the turbo is big lol

good excuse to clean up my wire harness, add bigger turbo, stronger ignition system, maybe even get my e86 stuff ordered and installed.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
turns out my spare head has damage to cly no. 4 combustion chamber.

found a virgin head in NC from niced up motorsports in greensboro NC for $200. I may have a shop shave the Head, lap the valves, shim the buckets. idk i may splurge on some springs and valves since im here.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Sorry to hear about all the A-holes messing with your $$ lately.
I just spent $1200 to replace my blown LG tv, and $2900 on a new HVAC system.
So money's been flying outta my pocket, too. And not much of it to the Supra, either.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
the plan is to get this head in greensboro, I hope it really is a Virigin head( never cut,sitting for 2 years in storage) And have it surfaced, valve stem seals replaced, pressure tested and run it. I hope the surfacing the head doesnt raise the CR to much that I cant run 18-20lbs on 93 octane. maybe 17lbs with 9.2:1 wont be like 8.3:1 like on 17lbs.
Spent more that 10 hours total on my harness i took apart to remove excess wires. in the process i became lost,scared, peed a little and cryed in the corner. i think i may have it figured out besides the C1 plug by fuse box and the ALTernator plug. the 2jzge alt wires from Regulator go into the harness, the 7m come from the fender to the alt. also signals like A/c clutch relay come from the harness then back from the relay on the fender back onto the engine harness and to pump. i have 12v memory for ecu and 12v signal to efi relay, and power from efi relay to ecu and also a haz horn wire which i havent figured out.
bought some fancy delphi connectors, and that braided wire harness loom. and drilled the union bolt for the oil filter stand to 1/8th NPT, ordered 48'' -3an and some fittings to the s366. i should buy some 3'' IC piping too.

sorry about your stuff blowing up. do you think it was lightning or black friday came late? Damn Mayans!

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
Recap of some of my recent excitment

broke :(

4 cooling tubes on my koyo :(

I dont normally do this but i was pissed

she was super hott and i had air pushing the coolant out even after getting a stock radiator and tried driving. so i assume HG or worse and do and autopsy.

pull cams to take off head

bores looked good. no serious wear. Arp washers mushroomed the head. FYI use Toyota washers!!!!

my spare head cleaned with scotch bright by hand

number 4 cyl :( i wont be using this head

I was told it was surfaced by the PO. maybe with a rotary tool. not a machine

then i awoke satan and pulled the sc300 harness from the supra to remove the stuff not being used. like emissions and diagonstic port

satans true form. even my camera couldnt focus on what was going on

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
ordered a jdm head b/c no egr and lower mileage. had valve stems replaced and surfaced. the head arrived and the box was attacked by a bear. the studs were bent and the corner of the deck was mashed. ugh.... the head is on now and im finishing up installing accessories on the motor.

Thoughts of selling this car are on my mind. im not totally confident in the engine block surface. looked like pitting or something near cyl 6 by the water jacket. i fear another BHG b/c i didnt machine the block but i didnt have a choice. i tried razor blades to clean the surface of the HG material and then scotch brite. and a little 220 grit on the it. ill prob reget it. but its done now. ass. lube is on the cams and buckets. ready to fire when its full ass. then change oil.

i hope it doesnt blow a head gasket

moet0296

May 21, 2008
connecticut
I started out the same way after one 7mgte rebuild just gave up and went with the 2jzgte engine for real horse power. it too expensive and to much u have to do to a na motor to get in the 400 and 500hp. would be nice to see some pics of the build keep me posted. I am currently doing a 2jzgte build single turbo on my 88mk3. take care moe

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Knowing vehicles I've sold in the past and how attached I am to my soup, I would really regret selling it. Even when I'm mad at it, I usually get over it and give it a hug...lol

You might want to sell it now but you'll want it back eventually

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
moved supra from one area code via trailer to another. friend that had a 900whp 1jz,900whp mk4 and now building a full on 1/4 mile LS 6.0 bmw said he'd try to help get the tune sorted out maybe i can get the s366 on too while there :)
bought a used intergration relay of ebay for $26. not bad price if it fixes it. im no expert on electronics but a horn has resistance right so there is a 15amp fuse in engine comp that goes to directly to the theft horn then to B1 pin 17 or 18 idr then it goes to the inegration relay and to the theft computer. so the horn was removed and i just had that wire straight to the integration relay.

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
1986.5supra_kid;2017536 said:
figured it out.....you wont believe this but injectors 3 and 4 were swapped

D'oh. working out bugs like that can be a PITA, nice to see you figured it out.