1986.5 7mge -> 2jzge my very first build.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
1986.5supra_kid;1974548 said:
I wish my build was as detailed as yours :( I lack a place to really work on it. everything is done as if its a pit stop lol. Hurry change this! weld that! bend this! zip tie that! :(

I get that. That's how it always was for me, too.
Changing out a cylinder head in a parking lot, Or dremeling something on a huge extension cord, running out the front door of my apartment...

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
thinking about remaking the FFIM. Relocation of Battery too.

Also figured out how to set WG table on aem EMS too. now she holds 16psi without creep :) still needs some fine tuning as i set the whole table at one value which causes the solenoid to leak less as more volume is introduced in higher rpm. so the upper half could have an increase in DC%

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
1986.5supra_kid;1974993 said:
I feel that the supra is almost done. after the E85 and flex fuel ill be around 550-600whp which is acceptable. then next spring it is getting painted and some interior work. and ill go with the cobra brakes like you did.

They are never done! Lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
rangers and explorers squeeky ball joints? :p

anyways on a lighter note- ordered the flex fuel sensor,motor mount,toyota waterpump,intake and mls exhaust gasket.
still sorting out sub optimal tempratures,alighnment,oh and A/C blowed a load on the ground. thought i had a cracked oil pan,cracked head, or cracked block when i first saw my car.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
I think i may have found why the bell housing had oil in it. trans had a little to much in it. will keep tabs on this tho. changed motor mount because oil had killed it. now motor is canted and leans on shock tower of other side so i put some washers on it to lift it some. traded some injectors for another 2jzge head. im kinda worried if i annealed the head with my burping process last time. still thinking about TT piston swap or going forged just because racecar.

57p00rbob

Apr 4, 2012
Sacramento calif.
check out clublexus 2jz na-t tt ecu mod. tons of info on na-t. I have a 86.5 I put a 2jz-ge in, love it. Also check out supras ni [modifications other engines] for info on your swap. Keep up good work, looks good.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
57p00rbob;1995039 said:
check out clublexus 2jz na-t tt ecu mod. tons of info on na-t. I have a 86.5 I put a 2jz-ge in, love it. Also check out supras ni [modifications other engines] for info on your swap. Keep up good work, looks good.

all of these mk3 on west coast. im going to have to make a road trip :)

Soup is still at shop for painting. monday there supposed to start. then maybe i can get my new intake on and make it to Import alliance. if time permis ill get my lq9 coils on and retune.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
well the supra didnt make it to IA.

the bad news

i had problems with the paint shop. i left it there at the start of the month and he understood that im trying to make it to IA and i need time to finish some engine tuning and leaks before i go. the car sat outside untouched for 2 weeks. I requested my diposit back of $500. he said because i backed out that he doesnt have to pay. this was last month. im trying to send a demand letter to his shop but its been a while since i received the Green card saying it was signed for. i will try sending it to his apartement complex but i dont know his suite number...

in better news

after selling my 88 sr5 pickup AKA the blue beast i had the need to replace it..

meet the reincarnation of the blue beast :)

2014 tacoma TRD SPORT 6 speed manual with Supercharger :D she has 7 miles on her and i had to order it and wait a month for it to be built.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Hope you get that figured out at the paint shop, that sucks man.
Great looking truck!

My buddy has one that's all black with a gunmetal type paint job, one of the best looking trucks imo

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
been pretty sick of getting ripped off here lately. $500 lost to a paint shop because they never got around to painting the car and would repay me back even though they done nothing to the car. and now $250 for trim and mouldings that dude man took the money and ran with. and this girl i was freinds with and lost $800 too.

SMH I wanna get away from it all.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I feel you man I got ripped off when I tried buying an exhaust lost $500 and don't even get me freaking started on Paypal those fucking assholes.