$150 bet for me to run 13.5, need advice

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Guyana00;1332273 said:
I keep waiting, this is never happening! :icon_razz

Thats how I'm feel too:3d_frown:. I put the motor back together, and the headgasket still wasn't sealing right fully i thought. I disassembled everything, took the block to the machine shop to get checked out and decked, within 15 minutes he showed where my block is cracked between the number 4 and 5 piston.

A small hairline crack that travels from one cylinder wall, up to the top of the block, over and back down the other cylinder wall. You would only see it if you look for it. All the times i had the head off changing gaskets i never noticed it. I guess that explains the bubbles in the radiator.:naughty:

Right now i just spent some money to buy a reliable daily driver, 2000 nissan altima. I'm in the process of trying to find a good spare block or just another complete good bottom block or another motor.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Mk3runner;1332350 said:
Damn that just sucks

bro u have no idea how many times i thought about parting it out or selling the car, And money is pretty tight rite now. When i have it up and running again, ill either revive this thread or create a new one, thanks guys for all of the help, support, ideas, tips and tricks. You guys can check out my build thread to see wats going on with the car and when i do take it to the track i will post the results.

Again thanks

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
queenskid926;1332402 said:
bro u have no idea how many times i thought about parting it out or selling the car, And money is pretty tight rite now. When i have it up and running again, ill either revive this thread or create a new one, thanks guys for all of the help, support, ideas, tips and tricks. You guys can check out my build thread to see wats going on with the car and when i do take it to the track i will post the results.

Again thanks

On that note, i think we can close this one up...

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
the old thread is here

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92575

I now have a rebuilt 7m in my car, stock turbo is smoking and on its way out but its still pulling strong at 14lbs.

Again my setup is a rebuilt 7m, stock turbo, stock intercooler, and piping, hks ssqv, Bic ddp and full 3" exhaust no cats no resonators, w58, 4.30lsd

I will be running mkiv na 16" rears with mickey thompson 255.50.16 drag radials.

This will be my first time on the track with this car and also the first time ive ever launched with drag radials.

This will happen this sunday the 22nd at englishtown street wars 2.

Any advice launching with drag radials? I kno it can take more rpm than street tires so would it be crazy for me to try and launch at 5,000 rpm once their heated up nice?

Also will the w58 handle them sticky tires launching?

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
Slip the clutch. Dont drop it and go on a spinnfest. 3-4k like at a traffic light and your rushing home. Tire spinning cost you time. your sweet spot is where you wanna be. everyone is diffrent. Find yours. This is also better for your transmission . Remember its like rushing home...:biglaugh:

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
supranasty;1394370 said:
Slip the clutch. Dont drop it and go on a spinnfest. 3-4k like at a traffic light and your rushing home. Tire spinning cost you time. your sweet spot is where you wanna be. everyone is diffrent. Find yours. This is also better for your transmission . Remember its like rushing home...:biglaugh:

How much tire pressure do you usually run?

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
queenskid926;1394562 said:
The court date? It was just for hearing and there gonna send me a date in the mail in like 2 or 3 months.

And why cant u make it this sunday? were all going on the track

o no i thought u went already...sundays nopi, is the track gonna be open? i might just call in sick even though i already asked for the day off haha

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Boosted516;1395061 said:
o no i thought u went already...sundays nopi, is the track gonna be open? i might just call in sick even though i already asked for the day off haha

nah were going tis sun, depending on the weather, gotta be there at 8am since there only letting the first 400 cars run I wouldnt call out sick yet, Sun morning will call e-town and see if its cancelled or not

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
ok good and bad news, My best run was the first one of the day. This is my second time ever on the dragstrip and my first time ever in a 5sp car.

My first run where i was just messing with the car practicing diff techniques on launching to see wat works was my best time, with a 2.4 60ft i ran 14.08 with a 103.38 mph.

Second run i had a better 2.2 60ft but i missed 2nd -3rd and went to 5th and then down bac to 4th smh and still manage a 14.6 at 99 mph.

The third was wen i was gonna really dial in my launch but my clutch just gave up smh and slipped in 1rst 2nd and 3rd so i just let off and coasted down the track, ( I still have to drive the car 2hrs home)

Im happy yet dissapointed. The mickey thompson drag radials have excellent traction. I was a lil uneasy on launching the car hard since im still using the w58 but on the last pass i said fuck it, im launching this bitch from higher rpm and w/e break breaks, and my clutch just had enuff.

Car weighs 3670 with me in it, 87 targa top, Stock 7mgte, Stock turbo, 11-12lbs, bic ddp, full 3" exhaust all the way back, stock intercooler and piping, Hks ssqv, w50, 4.30lsd, Mickey thompsons drag radials 255.50/16, eibach springs.

All in all, I kno with my 103 trap if i can get my 60ft down to 1.7 1.8 i should be well below my goal of 13.5 in the 13.2 or 13.3 area i would think.

My clutch setup was act pp with stock disk, Im switching to a 6puck now so it can grab better, also my turbo started its death whine, so time for a replacement, or an upgrade depending on the funds.

Im totally hooked on drag racing now and cant wait till the northeast in of the yr meet, were will have the track the whole day.

I may even go bac be4 then.

Thanks guys for all of the help

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Thtas both time slips
1rst one was
r/t .625
60ft 2.404
330 6.201
1/8 9.2
mph 81.31
1000 11.89
1/4 14.086
mph 103.38

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
IJ.;1396018 said:
Your clutch suicided to save the w58! :aigo:

Hook up and you'll go though gear teeth like a fat chick on a corn cob...

good luck!

That's the same thing that I kept telling everybody and why I was hesitant to even use the drag radials in the first place. That's also why i never heated them up and launched aggressive until the last pass where i just said fuck it, w/e happens happens.

Do you think hooking a 1.9 60 ft will be too much for the w58 to handle?