11 second Street Car

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
....Who says I don't have another red Supra?

;););)

Well, I don't.

:eek3:

;)

I did buy one awhile back, but she was a parter'outter. Okay, stop spamming this thread or I'll........I'll........

Yeah...:)

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
man....... you guys keep raving about these 7m mkII's. well......... ive never acctually been in one, and sure there are some clean ones, but as clean as ron ramirez's???? <http://www.7mpower.com/ron_ramirez.shtml> (check it out) I don't know, I'm really not one to care THAT MUCH about looks. i still have the stock 4x4 looking suspension!!!!!!!! lol its super soggy. i would love to ride in an 11 second mkII. However........ I have ridden in a bpu MKIV. Now THOSE are nice. and they are proven 11 second cars. I want one of those!!!!!!

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Boost Lee said:
^LOL, exactly.

And just as I said...for all you could've known, that guy you raced in the Vette was probably thinking, "Man, I just sold my MKIII Supra for this $70,000 piece of junk that just got smoked by a car made in the 80's. I suck at life."

:p

I laughed so hard when I read that I swallowed my gum and shot Dr Pepper out of my nose all over my monitor lol

MkIIs are the ugliest damn things in the world, next to SUVs. MkIs were pure sex though, my dad had one when I was a little kid... Ran the engine just shy of half a million miles (5m, last six months of the 81s had them, thought I should mention it) til he smoked a deer coming back from Bloomington one night and totaled it. Everything under the hood ran fine, I think he had to replace the clutch ONCE. :cry:

Edit: No offense meant to MkII owners, a Supra is a Supra but as far as it goes in-family... :p

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I own both a Mk2 and a Mk3. Although the Mk2 would be insane with my 400hp 7m, it wouldn't be the smooth, quiet, high-speed stable car my Mk3 is. My Mk2 feels scary at 112 mph, but my Mk3 is just getting started at 130+ and is SO stable. In a perfect world, I would swap my 7M into the Mk2 and 2J my Mk3 and enjoy both! ;)

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
upgradedsupra said:
I would have to see a video to believe that and WITH the tires up close. Otherwise I call BS. I have had experience on those crappy tires.

Duane

call bs all you want! I seen it in person.. this was on an upgraded CT too! It's an AUTO and he consistantly gets 1.8 60's on thouse tires, he's gone low 11's snice upgrading the turbo to a larger one and putting on some MT slicks.

BTW it's not full weight it's an NA-T hardtop with auto and 7m..

I don't believe a word that comes out this guys mouth but I saw the tiems for my self... He was spanking us all at the toronto meet..

His auto is now bulit and he has a PTE 72 in there, and claimed to dyno 600 WHP. We'll see how dep in the 10's he gets before they toss him out for no cage.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
A guy near st louis has a silver mk3 targa leather full interior with just over 600 rwhp and a 5 speed r154 and he runs 11.2's all day at gateway last time I saw him, car was sweet looked stock other than rims and the massive exhaust and boost gauge, thing ran awesome, was loud as hell, and squatted like a bitch.

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
haha, that reminds me..... all this talk about expensive factory cars..... i was at a car show and there was this salesman standing by some of the new 04 cobras. (this was back in 03) i didn't know much about them, but i'd heard that they could run low 13s in stock form. so this salesman looked confident, and i asked him what those cars run in the 1/4 mile. without even skipping a beat he says, "they are in the 5's"..... so i repeated myself, no quarter mile.... and he says, ya they are real fast, they run the quarter in 5 seconds. I laughed in his face and walked away. i didn't even have a responce for a stupid comment like that..... some ppl are so ignorant and don't even know it

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
^^But itzzz got duhh V8'zzzzzzz.....Fo sho'zzzzz. :p

If it would've been me, I would've asked him what the 60' was.

Response - "Awww, It's real fast, It's .0032 of a second."

I love retarded salesmen. I use to frequent Dealerships and BS with the salesmen and pretend to be an uneducated and didn't know a lick about cars.

At a Mitsubishi dealership, looking at one of the new Evo's, I say, in sarcasm, "So what do we have over here?!"...and he says,

"Oh, this is our Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution.......*pause*............it's actually a Subaru Impreza with Mitsubishi badges on it. He then proceeded to tell me they ran 11's if that wasn't ridiculous enough.

:nono:

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
^^^how is it that people can be so ignorent. Thats almost as bad as when i went to NIX99 and saw a jdm 2jz swap there and asked the guy how much and he said "$6000"
me "wow why so much"
him "because its a rare engine"
me "no it's not i can get a jdm engine on ebay for $1500"
him "but the jdm mk4's came with a 1jz this is a 2jz"
me "no they didn't"
*i pull out my laptop with anytime internet*
me "see"

why work at a toyota junk yard if you don't know shit about them.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
^That would be a sign for me to just turn away and leave the junkyard then.

Even though I know what I'M looking at...If the f*cktards working their don't realize what they're working with, I'm either, 1 - Getting ripped, or 2 - Getting something that was abused/damaged/etc.

Oh well. We can't all be......*perfect*........:D