11 second Street Car

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
nosechunks said:
5) meet up with 34535626 other whorevettes
6) enjoy the 50 grand u just spent on 400 horsepower or even worse 80 grand you just spent on 505, when you could have used it to make about 1000 at the wheels plus tons of other shit to make your car diffrent and something someone will actually look at in the parking lot rather then skip over because theres another 456342 of the exact same thing. :biglaugh: i give respect to cars people spend THERE OWN time building, not someone who just happen to have 70 grand laying around.

what im wondering if the same origional question, but without nitrous and on pump gas (93 octane) and drag radials.

i have about 3 grand into my car now, between machine work, ross pistons, MHG, arp head bolts, maft and wideband. now i need turbo and fuel. im thinkin itll take about another 3 grand to get what i would need to go 11's on pumpgas without nitrous on DR's.

figure 1500 for turbo, 350 for injectors, 500 for a 3k stall converter, 200 for massive IC, 200 for piping, and that leaves 250 for a pair of big 15's with big DR's.

You show me a mkiii 2900 lb. Supra with ac, ps full interior, superior handling, 6 speeds and tourque from god. I like mk3's and i\t was ajoke but for the money you can't beat it.

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
MK2. Swap and swap some more and throw all you can at it. It will give that vette a serious run for the money by the time you figure out how to blow 30 grand on a MK2

edit:
I'm outta line also. This isn't a contest to piss away money but to determine what it takes for an MK3 with full interior/accessories to do 11s and still be streetable. posts 4-6 said it on spot, regardless of funds. Supras rock, 'nuff said

Last edited:

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
thedave925 said:
MK2. Swap and swap some more and throw all you can at it. It will give that vette a serious run for the money by the time you figure out how to blow 30 grand on a MK2

ok.......... but i would rather have a car that has sex appeal, and will run for more that 5k miles at a time....... not saying it's impossible to make an incredibly fast and reliable mkII, but why would anybody do that. i understand making mkII's fast, but no prospective corvette buyer wants an early 80's car that needs a lot of work to make it fast. i plan on twin turboing a corvette someday, and i have an mkIII right now. i have no desire for an mkII, cause ive seen only a few that look decent.... and not a single one that looks better than mine, IN MY OPINION

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
For those that haven't driven a 7M-GTE MKII. I've said it before and I'll say
it again, I took ONE ride in Chris Parvin's 425rwhp MKII and I started taking
my 454rwhp MKIII apart to build one. A nice MKII with a 7M cannot be beat
bang for the buck by much of anything, we've trounced vettes vipers porches
MKIVs, you name it. best 1/4 mile time was only 12.3, but with a 2.1 60' time.
but the trap speed was 124 (which is LOW 11 territory). Shitty 14" tires makes
a car not hook up, ever, but burnouts at 70+MPH is kinda fun too.

Jeff

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
jtamulis said:
For those that haven't driven a 7M-GTE MKII. I've said it before and I'll say
it again, I took ONE ride in Chris Parvin's 425rwhp MKII and I started taking
my 454rwhp MKIII apart to build one. A nice MKII with a 7M cannot be beat
bang for the buck by much of anything, we've trounced vettes vipers porches
MKIVs, you name it. best 1/4 mile time was only 12.3, but with a 2.1 60' time.
but the trap speed was 124 (which is LOW 11 territory). Shitty 14" tires makes
a car not hook up, ever, but burnouts at 70+MPH is kinda fun too.

Jeff

^ he's got a point, i got to ride in a 400hp 7m mkII at pacnw nationals this year with joe and HOLY shit is it different than any mkIII, it did a 12 sec pass the day before and had me making serious offers on local mkII's in my area.

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
gilberjj said:
i have no desire for an mkII, cause ive seen only a few that look decent.... and not a single one that looks better than mine, IN MY OPINION

You really haven't seen any nice MKII's then. :icon_razz

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
high psi 1jz said:
You show me a mkiii 2900 lb. Supra with ac, ps full interior, superior handling, 6 speeds and tourque from god. I like mk3's and i\t was ajoke but for the money you can't beat it.

i was just joking back, its all good.

but im just showing the point that ull spend 50 grand on a 400 horsepower car or 80 grand on a 500 horsepower car with A/C PS and a full interior but u cant take the same money and make a supra equally fast or faster while still retaining A/C, PS, a full interior and out handel a corvette? im planning to run 11's and the only thing i dont have from that list is the A/C and its because it didnt work when i bought my car so i just ripped it out. and as far as handeling, unless they build an autocross track in NY i dont really have to worrie about it THAT much.

who needs A/C anyway, well for a sport roof equipped car, if its sunny enough out to require the A/C idk about you but im taking the roof off lol.

and so what if its not 2900lbs. thats why theres a turbo, turn the boost up.

im sure you could build a 10 second street MK3 supra with a 7M runing only on pumpgas and drag radials for 40 grand.

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
nosechunks said:
5) meet up with 34535626 other whorevettes
6) enjoy the 50 grand u just spent on 400 horsepower or even worse 80 grand you just spent on 505, when you could have used it to make about 1000 at the wheels plus tons of other shit to make your car diffrent and something someone will actually look at in the parking lot rather then skip over because theres another 456342 of the exact same thing. :biglaugh: i give respect to cars people spend THERE OWN time building, not someone who just happen to have 70 grand laying around.

what im wondering if the same origional question, but without nitrous and on pump gas (93 octane) and drag radials.

i have about 3 grand into my car now, between machine work, ross pistons, MHG, arp head bolts, maft and wideband. now i need turbo and fuel. im thinkin itll take about another 3 grand to get what i would need to go 11's on pumpgas without nitrous on DR's.

figure 1500 for turbo, 350 for injectors, 500 for a 3k stall converter, 200 for massive IC, 200 for piping, and that leaves 250 for a pair of big 15's with big DR's.

Not to mention you see that Z06 2006 vette I was rompingon on my way to Englishtown Race way park this fall. Not to mention blackdevilsupra and nofear6235 and me all romping a c6 vette on our way to my dyno meet.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
suprarich said:
stock ct, 125 shot, auto, 3200 stall

^That's what I'm talking about. :biglaugh:

Seriously though. MDC's Garrett LS600 Turbo (fatass turbo with amazing spool time), Bunch o' fuel, Bunch o' boost, Good Tuning, MickeyThompson DR's & a 4200 stall....and you are sooooo set for 11's. :icon_bigg

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
I wasn't kidding, all you need in a mk3 supra to run 11's is the stock block and head, some upgraded fuel, a maft pro or VPC, the STOCK NON UPGRADED CT, some exhaust, and a litte nitrous. A 3200 stall converter and tweaked tranny. Don't want nitrous, then and upgraded ct will do it.

3500 bucks or less for 11's

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
^^I know you aren't kidding, Beavis. ;)

I drive an Auto. I'm aware. :)

As for this sudden talk of a 7M powered MKII...

Fuckin' A man...If you haven't had the pleasure of riding in one, DO IT.
Even with simple BPU mods, it's no comparison to a MKIII with gutted interior.
It's just not the same.

gilberjj - I understand it is entirely your opinion...but homeboy nailed it....

I don't think you've seen very many nice MKII's then. ;) There are SEVERAL MKII's out there that I would take over my MKIII in a heartbeat...and I'm in :love:LOVE:love: with my Supra. :)

Jeff

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
yay my 2cents now! :D i've seen many 5 spd supras run with just about 2000 dollars put into them. upgraded ct-26, walbro, afpr, slicks, lexus maf, intake and a ddp with a healthy engine puts them into 11's. its been done boys.

oh and mk2 IS cheating :rofl:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
CryoSlash said:
yay my 2cents now! :D i've seen many 5 spd supras run with just about 2000 dollars put into them. upgraded ct-26, walbro, afpr, slicks, lexus maf, intake and a ddp with a healthy engine puts them into 11's. its been done boys.

oh and mk2 IS cheating :rofl:

MKII might as well be cheating, lol. It's waaaaay out of our MKIII league. ;)

^^^You forgot bigger injectors. :icon_bigg

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
nosechunks said:
i was just joking back, its all good.

but im just showing the point that ull spend 50 grand on a 400 horsepower car or 80 grand on a 500 horsepower car with A/C PS and a full interior but u cant take the same money and make a supra equally fast or faster while still retaining A/C, PS, a full interior and out handel a corvette? im planning to run 11's and the only thing i dont have from that list is the A/C and its because it didnt work when i bought my car so i just ripped it out. and as far as handeling, unless they build an autocross track in NY i dont really have to worrie about it THAT much.

who needs A/C anyway, well for a sport roof equipped car, if its sunny enough out to require the A/C idk about you but im taking the roof off lol.

and so what if its not 2900lbs. thats why theres a turbo, turn the boost up.

im sure you could build a 10 second street MK3 supra with a 7M runing only on pumpgas and drag radials for 40 grand.

Its cool man I would much rather have an mk3 as well.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
^^Agreed.

Actually, one big reason that I wouldn't want to own a Vette if I could afford it is...

Sure...having it would be awesome and all...but what happens if you're sitting at a light one day...and rest assure, a MK3 pulls up with heavy lope and some fatass tires on the back......and then you get your $80,000 dollar doors blown off...and then you'll feel stupid.

Afterwards, that MK3 owner will make a "Kill thread" talking about how this deutchbag in the Corvette had this stupid look on his face.

:rolleyes:

For THAT reason...I'll never want to own a $40,000+ sports car from the factory. ;)

Jeff

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
Boost Lee said:
Afterwards, that MK3 owner will make a "Kill thread" talking about how this deutchbag in the Corvette had this stupid look on his face.

I did. :icon_razz

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
^LOL, exactly.

And just as I said...for all you could've known, that guy you raced in the Vette was probably thinking, "Man, I just sold my MKIII Supra for this $70,000 piece of junk that just got smoked by a car made in the 80's. I suck at life."

:p

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Boost Lee said:
^^Agreed.

Actually, one big reason that I wouldn't want to own a Vette if I could afford it is...

Sure...having it would be awesome and all...but what happens if you're sitting at a light one day...and rest assure, a MK3 pulls up with heavy lope and some fatass tires on the back......and then you get your $80,000 dollar doors blown off...and then you'll feel stupid.

:rolleyes:

For THAT reason...I'll never want to own a $40,000+ sports car from the factory. ;)

Jeff

Then your like wow I have enough money to buy a c6 z06 so he goes to Lingerfelter or just does the usually 300 shot and long tubes, and still has money for a hooker at the end of the night.