Zeitronix Wideband ZT-2 Question

Three3Sport

Jun 8, 2008
OH
Basically, my Zeitronix unit recently won't turn on either on cold/warm start up.

I was wondering and thinking that it could be the wires/fuses. I highly doubt

that it is the O2 sensor because I passed emissions recently and basically the

wires seem ok to me. Any info. on this would be appreciated thanks. This is

from the official company information:
"Warning!
For automotive use only. Using the O2 wideband O2 sensor with leaded gasoline, two stroke or diesel engines will significantly shorten the sensor’s life.
This product is for off road use only. Do not expose to moisture. Do not disassemble, modify or tamper. Never leave the wideband oxygen sensor in the
exhaust stream without power. The Wideband Controller must be powered and connected to the oxygen sensor at all times. Leaving an unpowered
oxygen sensor in the exhaust will result in sensor damage. Never mount the oxygen sensor in stock factory location or closer than 16” from the cylinder
head exhaust ports or a turbochrger. Exposing the sensor to the temperature above 800 C will cause sensor damage. Never position the oxygen sensor
at the high-pressure side of the turbocharger. Never place the Wideband Controller or LCD display in a place, which obstructs the view. Never tune the
car while driving.
To be used with Bosh LSU wideband sensor only".

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
what wont turn on... Be more specific..

If you connect to a PC can you get any data loggging? is it just the sensor that isn't reading?

If it's the sensor it's probably the Rj45 cable gone bad I've had that a few times when i pulled too hard.

If it's the box there could be something blown / burned open and insepct. Finally call ZT.

Three3Sport

Jun 8, 2008
OH
Zazzn;1218620 said:
what wont turn on... Be more specific..

If you connect to a PC can you get any data loggging? is it just the sensor that isn't reading?

If it's the sensor it's probably the Rj45 cable gone bad I've had that a few times when i pulled too hard.

If it's the box there could be something blown / burned open and insepct. Finally call ZT.

The display on the unit itself, its not visable for some reason. Normally when you turn on the car, the unit turns on automatically (display). Haven't had any prior issues b4, so I don't know whats up.

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
isnms said it. break it down and figure out wether its the display its self if its the problem. if the data log works then open the display unit and do a visual check for anything that looks burned.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
And when you find what is wrong, contact Zeitronix. They fixed my wideband, updated it, and everything for like $40.

They WILL take care of you!

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
i know this is going to sound crazy, but if its just the screen your talking about. My buddy's blew the little 1/2amp fuse inside of it... and we un-soldered it, and resoldered one it, and it booted up great... we never did figure out why it happened...

the way we tested it was by using a 12v power supply, and an ohm meter... we applied 12v in and then saw where it was suppose to come out, and then we traced it back to that. Been fine ever since too...