YOUR Supra... Is it FUN to DRIVE?

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Has too many faults, for now, so no, isn't much fun actually. Turbo lag is too much too.
Though I did enjoy some night-drives when I didn't have to shift much.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Even if I am paranoid and check for white junk under the oil cap regularly, and make sure I haven't lost coolant since last week, I still thoroughly enjoy my car :) Having done so much work on it myself, just driving it and having it all work properly (for however brief a period as it may be), it makes me feel great because the car is where it is now beacuse of my own work. One of those things you can say, "I did that, and it's AWESOME!"

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
ohhhhh fuck this car is amazingly fun to drive i had this thing sideways for a long ass time even from a dead stop! those damn rear ends are really light!

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Yes it is FUN to drive.....although sometimes scary, as in scary fast!!! and scary that our new speeding laws can get your car impounded of 7 day's and about $1000 in fines if you are caught going 40km's over the posted limit. Heck you can go 40 over coasting down a hill and not braking...or acceleratin g for .75 of a second. I agree with the others that big brakes are needed on anything with a larger than stock turbo, my brakes are on of my favorite and most important mod.

I believe I have reached the automotive nirvana of the mk3 Supra...It looks great, stops great, handles great, rides great and has too much power for the street, my car needs nothing more as almost everything has been replaced or upgraded, and makes 600+ WHP on pump gas on the street. Even on my "low boost" street setting of 19-20 psi, it makes 500+ whp which makes 1st gear a trip straight to rev limit in less than second, second gear spins once boost hits and finally gets traction at 7000 rpms, and by the time I hit third gear I am doing 60-70 MPH, excessively speeding. I would not hessitate to drive my car across the country tomorrow, as all my options are still installed and working great, power steering, A/C, abs etc..

oh, and my car is for sale now, anyone interested?

Randy

sigpicBW.png

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
My car is fun to drive. i love every second of it. but i constantly find myself wanting more power. i look at the speedo after a run and say "it took that long to do a 45-120 pull?". now i do have a few mods on her now, so its far from stock. but i can say yes it is still fun to drive. im definately part of the big power broke wallet category, as i would rather buy a divorced downpipe for the supra than a new clutch for my truck. haha. I Believe when someone says "you have got to be nuts to own one of these", i think they just dont understand what a true commitment between a car and driver have. i wouldnt sell this car for the world, and i know that if take care of her and keep her up to date, she will keep me out of trouble. Hell with Subaru...."Love, its what makes a supra, a supra." :)

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
You're selling your car Randy? Just one question....why?? You just said it yourself..."I believe I have reached the automotive nirvana of the mk3 Supra" and now it's up for sale? lol

It's a beautiful car though, I hope you get what it's worth :)