Your other car

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
Ok so I know not everyone has more tan one car, but for those of you that do which do you really prefer? I have a five speed Lexus is300 and its supposed to be my dd, but I find myself quite often driving one of my supras instead. Anyone else have this kinda thing? Feel like your sup drives better than your dd? Just food for thought

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I have a 89&91 supra. 89 been my dd for last 5 years.

Also have a 70 nova that's been restored.

whitehat89

Jul 10, 2011
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I have my 89 Turbo as my daily driver, also have a 1984 BMW 325e and a 1982 VW Rabbit, I'm in the process of switching the Rabbit to DD status so I can build the Supra another motor.

Sent via my awesome rooted S3 on TapaTalk

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
My dd is a 2000 F150. I bought it to tow the supra (it had happened a lot with my last supra).
The reality is, I need to get the supra out of storage so I have something to drive while I replace the rear main seal on the truck.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Rear main in those easy if rwd. Shouldn't take more than few hours even without lift. With lift should be about 2 hours.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Daily drive an 08 tundra but in a couple weeks when this long overdue build on my sup comes to an end I know I would have a very hard time choosing the tundra over the supra every morning even if the gas wasnt a factor. I couldn't stop driving it when it was a stock (when it ran right) so I know what you mean.

.Also have an 04 grand am but I'd almost rather walk 20 miles to work everyday so I'll leave that out lol.

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
Supra has been my DD for 2 years. Still my DD to this day. It's always the best feeling in the world when I have a shitty day at flight school or at work and climb into the Supra to drive home.

Mr Bojangles

Feb 9, 2009
Madison, WI
In the winter I daily drive my beloved 88 beater supra that hasn't let me down in 7 years of snow and salt driving, in the summer I daily a Challenger R/t and honestly, I would daily the 88 beater in the summer if it had a/c.

Having a car you're not worried about getting door dings and scratches and dirt on is so nice after trying to be anal about keeping a nice car perfect.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
nice srt8?

I got a jaguar x-type for daily driving 2002 and I bag the hell out of it. AWD, 5 speed and a sunroof. just a puny 2.5 v6 though. I think next summer I might get an audi, I have to have AWD though canada has some crazy winters and our ditches get full quick lol my supra is a 2.5 tt-r though and its a hell of a summer car, although where I live it's like a desert in summer. crazy to go from -40 to +40 here in 6 months

Jul 30, 2011
A-Town WA
My current dd is a drop'd 89 mx83. The old dd was rb powered s14 with R33 facelift, now it's waiting for a new swap/ full rebuild for next drifting season.
image.jpg

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
My daily is a 96 dodge ram with a 5.9 in it. I love it so much, but at the same time it is a gas guzzler, and is nowhere near as comfortable as my Supra. I bought another Supra I was going to daily this last winter, but it was more of a lemon and got parted out. I will most likely find a daily Supra here in the next year or two, to go along side my Supra, and my truck.

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
emericaskater285;1934334 said:
My daily is a 96 dodge ram with a 5.9 in it. I love it so much, but at the same time it is a gas guzzler, and is nowhere near as comfortable as my Supra. I bought another Supra I was going to daily this last winter, but it was more of a lemon and got parted out. I will most likely find a daily Supra here in the next year or two, to go along side my Supra, and my truck.
I had same truck but it was 98. I loved it, but not the gas! I sold it to get my forester.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
My daily is a 2013 Elantra with some lighting mods. I also have a bagged 77 two wheel drive blazer with a 350 TPI and a lifted 76 chevy truck and of course my supra.

I drive the Supra most fridays unless it looks like rain, drive the blazer on the weekends when its nice (~1000 miles a year) and I drive the truck to emissions and back haha and sometimes around the block (only gets 4 mpg)(about 150 miles a year)

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
hvyman;1934239 said:
Rear main in those easy if rwd. Shouldn't take more than few hours even without lift. With lift should be about 2 hours.

It's 4x4. I wished it was rwd after doing balljoints last weekend.
The second side went a lot quicker then the first. Just a matter of figuring it out I suppose.