You might be a 1J owner if.....

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
--Golli;1465073 said:
When you decide that 3k is a worthwhile price for a molestered 1JZ, when for the same money you can do your 7M up properly and make MORE POWER AND TORQUE RELIABLY...

When you claim that wikipedia says the 1JZ has more power and torque from factory, and fail to realise it's coz they have had to double the boost going through it...

I personally don't have a problem with the 1JZ's, however what annoys me is the mentality of the people that do the conversions and/or the reasons as to why they do it.
I laughed hardcore at a friend who spent 5k on buying a 1JZ, which included professional fitting and wiring up after he BHG'd his 7M... and then the 1JZ BHG'd! Had he just spent all that money on the 7M... he'd have one very nice, very reliable motor.

I built a 7M and got 15,000 even for my car. Made 9,000 profit. Car is still going strong.

How right? Everything was done well, tuned and running perfect plus the car was an original turbo five speed and original paint that was in super good condition. The 3E5 paint shined in the sun. Everything was stainless or silicone if I could buy it or have it made...

Put down 540 on the dyno.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
...if your car has been a daily driven car for 16 months without burning a drop of oil, running low on coolant mysteriously, or being covered in random ick when you look in your engine bay.

That said... my ears still miss the 7m sound. Too bad there aren't any running well enough around here to drive around. :(

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
your attempt to build a 7m leaves you realizing you have no mechanical skills at all, and probably should stick to furious masturbation instead. But you like the shape of the car so........................1jz it is.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
...if of all the people you know with a 7m that's faster than your car, only one of them is running healthy.

...if you wish your car sounded like a 7m, but you don't have the space for a second Supra to sit while you pull the engine once in a while.

...if you don't have the patience to do a 7m right, because you'd have to mail everything out for machining because there's nobody within your area that even *might* understand how to do the work properly. :(

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
...if you ran out of places to hang your BHG trophy gaskets in the garage. :p

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
laotionracer101;1719477 said:
Your a 1j owner if your car has less torque than a honda 2.0 ex. K20a6

Really? That's less than 150 ft/lbs... even an NA 1j puts out more than that. :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
MKiii7mSupraBoy;1719912 said:
who needs torque when you can rev to hell?

That's what I always wonder when I'm pulling away from 700+ ft/lb diesel pickups... and why I don't pick on bikes.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
you like to drift (thumbs up)

to stupid or poor to afford a 2jz and think a 1.5 jz is a good combo motor but in the end spending more money (tisk tisk)

dune pushed ya to the other side (I don't blame you) i would upgrade to ford pinto motor