You know you're Australian if.....

pnutcar

1jz Asshole :)
Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
This thread is awesome. I can get some of the phrases but some are totally in left field for me.

Do you guys make fun of ppl who say "the dingo ate my baby" lol

I will hopefully make it down under soon. I served @ Outback steakhouse all thru college :p

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
pnutcar;1355282 said:
This thread is awesome. I can get some of the phrases but some are totally in left field for me.

Do you guys make fun of ppl who say "the dingo ate my baby" lol

I will hopefully make it down under soon. I served @ Outback steakhouse all thru college :p

The "dingo ate my baby" joke is pretty old, so you'd probably just get an odd look.lol. Go camping on Fraser Island just off queenslands coastline and you might want to watch your baby at all times, even near water. We've had quite a few attacks lately and many have been culled. I hate dingoes!

gteduck

Jan 27, 2010
Melb
-no matter what time of day it is, it's after 12 0'clock somewhere in the world, so technically it's o.k to have a beer
-when a mate says he had a big night on the piss, it means someone was serving free beer at a function and he did his best to cosume all of said piss.
-you can make a bong from any number of object's bought at the local shop in a matter of minutes
-you know a designated driver is only there to tell everyone else what happened last night
-you know a designated driver's only other responability is to do beer runs
-you know that camping under trees is avoided due to attacking drop-bears not by falling limbs (cousin of the koala that drops out of trees at night and attacks people):rofl:
-you know hair of the dog is the only way to get rid of a hangover
-you know tomato sauce goes with everything
-you know FORD stands for Fcuked On Race Day
-you know exactly how to clap your hands after the crowd chant YOU GOIN HOME IN THE BACK OF THE DIPPY VAN !
-you know that running out of beer at a bbq is far more likely to annoy people than running out of food

Last edited:

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
LilMissMkIII;1355331 said:
Outback Steakhouse has good food, but is WAY OTT when it comes to the Aussie stereotypes

I wanted to go to one while we were in the states to find out what an "Aussie Sized Beer" was....

Also, I must say that I like how they have quaesadilla's and sangria on their menu, when most of the Aussies I know, have never heard of either... :)

also.. kookaburra wings, which i suspect taste a lot like chicken :)

meanwhile, not a mention of kangaroo, emu, crocodile or camel meat, which i would have thought would be their signature lines....

Anyway, as I said, we wanted to go, but they were closed when we turned up for a late lunch, so we went to Hooters down the road instead :)

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
FIL - Hooters wings are THE BEST!!!!!!

Outback is definitely worth a go, food is awesome, and you'll laugh at all the Aussie paraphernalia! :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
FIL;1557528 said:
meanwhile, not a mention of kangaroo, emu, crocodile or camel meat, which i would have thought would be their signature lines....

You can EAT those things there? Sweet! Good post, even if it is like a year or so old now, glad I saw it. :)

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
You know your American and you think you know all about Australian....

You think all Australian's are like Crocodile Dundee.
You think all Australian's carry and say "Now that's a knife"
You think all Australians drink Foster Beer.
You think the outback is a restaurant and not actually meaning the bush.
You think hearing bush gets you hard and not thinking about Australia
You think all Australians have a friend called Donk.