Yeah, so basically a tornado just ripped through my town...

CampbellsChunkySoupra

best be eating your soup!
Jan 28, 2007
Norwalk, IA
www.dragsource.net
yesterday around 4:30pm i was at work at my daycare and we got news of a tornado warning in our county. immidiatly we rushed our kids from our portable building down into the public school that we use for more space. we got them all to safety and realized that we had to go back up to the portable building to leave a note for any parents coming to pick up their kids. we needed to tell them where we were at. this time of day is when alot of parents get off work on friday and come to get their children.

so we went up and i looked at the computer screen with the live broadcast and i read the words: "Tornado is on the ground and will be in Norwalk at 4:36pm." i basically said "Holy fuck dude, we gotta run" to my bestfriend/co-worker. he was finishing up putting the sign down and i went out side to look. i hopped on this rail to look over the portable building, and sure enough... a massive tornado is about 35yards away from us. i run back into the portable building and im yell "dude, its a fucking tornado, we gotta go.."

we run out of the portable building, hop the rail, slip in the grass, and make it to the school. luckily the way the school is lain out, there was a "wing" of classrooms that was blocking alot of what was going on. the tornado continued to pass through the town leaving no-one injured but alot of people sad and gloomy as there was TONS of damage.

Here is a link to the news company that had me on their 10 oclock news. its nothing special, but it shows me and my co-worker friend helping the fire crews clear streets. we dont ever get to speak because we were helping so look for the guy in the "black/purple" coat. that is me!

http://www.woi-tv.com/

click the link and then click the main photo in the middle. it has a video from the last nights broadcast a 10pm.

---------------

cliffs: there was a tornado, i almost died, but i was on tv.

holy crap i almost died...:cry:

CampbellsChunkySoupra

best be eating your soup!
Jan 28, 2007
Norwalk, IA
www.dragsource.net
thank god that my supra was over at Lee_ma61's house. we have the motor in his garage and the supra shell is just sitting outside ready to be drillled by a tornado! lol, his house was about 1.5miles away from the tornado. nothing happened to it. :D

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Having not been in a tornado (Although one went through our yard during hurricane fran in NC a few years back but we did not see or hear it over all the noise) we had an F3 hit jackson MO in 2003 while my supra was waiting to recieve another 7MGTE since the previous owner screwed the motor up. Anyone we lived out of town at the time but the tornado hit the shop, my supra was the only surviving car, it still retains the paint chips from it to this day, although I replaced the wing pod on the driver side that was torn off from a 2X4 hitting it.

Glad you're ok man, Tornados suck pardon the PUN.

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
Ive been in that situation twice before man, living in TX it happens alot haha. Glad everyone is ok, its a scary ass situation to be in but it also gets you pumped just incase its go time.