XXR rims

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
So I am thinking about getting these rims but the 006 models they look like the work vs-xx models I was wondering what any one has to say about these guys

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
nothing to do with beauty, fake wheels aren't engineered to the same degree (if at all) as good brand name wheels. aside from the fact they rip off the design, depending on the brand, they can be seriously dangerous when they fail.

but i forgot, this is the mkiii crowd.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
^meh. We usually pay around $600 for a set of wheels for our sups. Allows us to replace every few years to keep up with trends/likes, or after enuff curb rash, without alot of heartache/expense. Currently have 2 sets of the 18" Sportmax 502 and another set of 19" ADR Battle EXE. Have not had "fake" wheels fail on us yet.

Get what you want and makes sense to you. Just don't rice out the Sup.

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
Ha far from riced up but thanks just coming over to the low life and tryin to get my car sittin flush lol and the one i have now in the rear wont let me go anylower do to the width of them lol

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
i have the 006's with the chrome lip / gunmetal i like them alot the only bad thing i can say is the lug nuts are starting to get some surface rust but thats not a big deal ive had them about 3 years

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
I will never understand wanting Skinnier wheels/tires for a look. I happen to like traction and cornering. In your sig the car looks to be at a decent height, plus the extra width should help traction and cornering.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Iirc from pics it looks like the rims have about 2in past the OVER fenders. Not exactly fit correctly.. A 10.5in wheel will fit perfect as long as the offset is good and the fenders are rolled and prolly pulled. Also most guys do not spend the dough on a QUALIATY tire. I had falkens that would suck and i had good bridgestone that wouldnt spin ever. Tires are a huge difference as long as you spend money.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
wornoutsupra;1649980 said:
yea my wife told me about the 521 models but i am not a huge huge fan with those rivits I like the more cleaner look

Sounds like you've got a cool wife ;)
Im a fan of the 521s

Sam

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
ok, i can understand how tires and wheels can get expensive but really have to look for deals.

xxr 521
18 x 10 +25 (4)
$575 out the door

used tires with 80%
michelin pilot sport II (4)
front 275-35-18
rear 285-35-18
installed and balanced $200 out the door

suspension
megan track coilovers
$900 shipped

p1650106_1.jpg

p1650106_2.jpg

p1650106_3.jpg

p1650106_4.jpg

yes, the rivets are fake, the wheels are copies but the wheels arent fake. they aren't cut out of card board held together with elmers glue. i know they work and trust them to do their job on the street. no, the wheels are not as heavy as you think. most the times people compare rim weights, tires are still on them which make a very big difference.

the wheels have nice fat tires on them while still fit and have plenty of traction. never have they faded, discolored, crack or chipped. i wouldnt recommend using these on an endurance race but i have used them on the drag strip and cone dodging with no problems.

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
nice they do look good in that flat black and i am getting rid of the rear ones in my avatar pic because they are just huge thats why I am look for a 17x9 for the rear to fit it a little better super secret how do you love those megan tracks i love mine but they just wont go low enough:3d_frown: for me lol also how much does your 521 wiegh? Thanks my wife is pretty cool she keeps me motivated to keep this thing around and is always researching parts for me when I dont have time I belive right now she is in the middle of doing some engine research for me since i dont have the time lol

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Oh look, the "fake" wheel debate. Even the big names copy each other, and there aren't that many factories that make wheels in the world. All of them usually produce several different brands, as well as making wheels for the OEM's (which requires ISO certs for US and VIA certs for Japan, which XXR has both). If you buy a fragile wheel design, don't expect it to withstand smacking a curb at speed, regardless of maker.

Also, good luck with your rare JDM wheels if you damage one and need a replacement.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
honestly, it isn't the design/look copies that really bother me, it is the huge number of wheels that simply are not engineered. there are several brands that directly copy brand name wheels, down to the casting of VIA and other certification, even though they don't HAVE the certification. this can be dangerous, just like buying a knockoff bride racing seat. ask IJ about his opinion on seats...

i completely understand the budget point of view, and issues with replacements. but i look at vendors that try to make a quality product, and then have that product copied, and close up shop.

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
yea I understand what your getting at but I am pretty sure though if XXR made a crap quality rim they still wouldnt be in business due to whatever, but i am not arguing with you on that point. Also fake seats i understand about that, thats why i kept my stock ones those are just to damn comfy for me to get rid of lol