XS power manifold?

19cturbo

Dec 14, 2012
Kingsport tn
Are they worth buying? is anyone around here running them? ive tried searching and cant come up with anything. They are a good price, im getting ready to drop my 1JZ into my starion and am looking to go single with my HX35 on there. I want to keep it T3 for now and XS looks like a decient manfold..

thanks mike.

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
19cturbo;1910190 said:
Are they worth buying? is anyone around here running them? ive tried searching and cant come up with anything. They are a good price, im getting ready to drop my 1JZ into my starion and am looking to go single with my HX35 on there. I want to keep it T3 for now and XS looks like a decient manfold..

thanks mike.

I am not sure they make a t3 manifold for the 1j, but I know they make a t4 manifold. They are said to flow pretty well, and I am sure it would be great for your t3 turbo you are looking at. I am in the process of putting one on my 7m, and they are known to put out some decent numbers. If you are looking for a t4 manifold, and want to put a t3 adapter flange on it, I have a friend that may be interested in selling you his. Let me know if that would interest you.

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
It looks like every other china header on the market.. I really think its all the same header sold bye 52 different companies.
And yes you can't beat the quality vs cost.. but if it were me I would buy it. Ck to makes sure the gaskest will acutally seal around the ports correctly we seen problem in niw 2j header.. also switch the 4 bolt to vband wg flange and brace up the flanges and add a lower brace to support the turbo weight

Also if your not fixed on a t3. Order it in a t4 divided. Sooner or later you will end up going that route I think most people do. Imo

scmaluco

May 16, 2012
BayArea
19cturbo;1910190 said:

thanks mike.

iam running a HX35 with that T3 manifold. quality seems pretty good. i have over 2k miles on it already and its holding up fine...
the turbo sits pretty straight foward. instead of being a little twisted. if you know what i mean... you might have to make a flange for the wastegate or just cut the one thats on the manifold off i dont know wtf they were thinking with that weird 6 bolt fkn thing. anyways overall good manifold go for it.

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
Yep, check the gasket fitment. In the pic you can see all 6 ports are oval, and 2/5 ports are actually round on a 2j. I put mine togher and had a huge exhaust leak. Had to pull it out and weld up the port

You can see the port mismatch from the exhaust on the gasket.

p1910262_1.jpg

p1910262_2.jpg

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
nathaninwa, am I right when i see six EGT probe holes in that manifold?? From Factory??

Amazed, really!

19cturbo

Dec 14, 2012
Kingsport tn
Thanks guys, im trying to stay T3 fro now because i already have the holset and its freshly rebuilt. Yeah i could sell it and go T4 but for all im after i think ill have a pretty fun and healty street car.. Ill probably pick up this manifold and do some extra bracing on it just to be on the safe side.

The 6 bolts on the wastegate flange is so you can run a two bolt or 4 bolt style wastegate. I have a 38mm Tial 2 bolt wastegate. but i may have to modify the wastegate pipe anyway. Im thinking as long as i brace the flange and add a support to the bottom i should be good. I was just curious to see if anyone else was running them and having major problems.

thanks, mike

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
19cturbo;1910389 said:
Thanks guys, im trying to stay T3 fro now because i already have the holset and its freshly rebuilt. Yeah i could sell it and go T4 but for all im after i think ill have a pretty fun and healty street car.. Ill probably pick up this manifold and do some extra bracing on it just to be on the safe side.

The 6 bolts on the wastegate flange is so you can run a two bolt or 4 bolt style wastegate. I have a 38mm Tial 2 bolt wastegate. but i may have to modify the wastegate pipe anyway. Im thinking as long as i brace the flange and add a support to the bottom i should be good. I was just curious to see if anyone else was running them and having major problems.

thanks, mike

when i got my china header we had to weld a t3 adapter on it,, or you can buy a bolt on one so thatyou can stll have the option to run t4 later

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
Radial;1910383 said:
nathaninwa, am I right when i see six EGT probe holes in that manifold?? From Factory??

Amazed, really!

I added them there for collecting data. With AEM you can trim individual cyclinders, and with my intake having slightly different runner lengths, we want to be able to tune them.

19cturbo

Dec 14, 2012
Kingsport tn
525gte;1910396 said:
when i got my china header we had to weld a t3 adapter on it,, or you can buy a bolt on one so thatyou can stll have the option to run t4 later

XS makes a t3 flange header. ill probably stay T3 for a while though

-AR-

Sep 16, 2012
FL
19cturbo;1910491 said:
XS makes a t3 flange header. ill probably stay T3 for a while though
I have a bmpc manifold on my car that's t3.. if your not in a hurry ill be selling it soon. im also going holset with a hx40, t4 though.