Xarewhyayen's rebuild

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
Nice Get that Supra running and get a video up =]

I looked on Horsepowerfreaks Website and I don't see the RapidChimp motor on there anymore?? Can anyone find it lol?

rot 90na-t

slowest project ever
Apr 13, 2006
Westminster, CO
SupraJDS said:
Nice Get that Supra running and get a video up =]

I looked on Horsepowerfreaks Website and I don't see the RapidChimp motor on there anymore?? Can anyone find it lol?

They took it off after we were both so disappointed... You can still find it on RC's website

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
empera said:
no it wont throw a code and u'll be fine without it.

good good... are you running with it d/c'd?

rot 90na-t said:
lookin good btw!

:naughty: get some vids!

Thanks man!! I plan to have the video camera right there for my first startup attempt. Hopefully all goes well.

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
Worked on the car allll weekend with the help of emp and brian... Got alot done, and got it to crank. Problem is the alarm system that was installed in the car... seems to be keeping it from powering the fuel pump and spark. Ripped out the old system, but now i have the nightmare of figuring out how to restore the stock wiring.

I'll be printing out some wiring diagrams in school today and pulling some stuff from my old car to try and get it started up. I took some video of the car and the failed attempts. When i get the car running i plan to edit a build tribute video if i have time. Stay tuned folks

werewolves182

is without a supra :(
Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
Did you check the CPS plug? If not, check it very closely. Also I know it sounds dumb but its happened to me twice...Check all the fuses in your engine bay and all the important ones inside with a multimeter. They sometimes blowout not where they are supposed to.

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
werewolves182 said:
Did you check the CPS plug? If not, check it very closely. Also I know it sounds dumb but its happened to me twice...Check all the fuses in your engine bay and all the important ones inside with a multimeter. They sometimes blowout not where they are supposed to.

yup checked the plug... even rewired the cps from the plug to the ecu and still no luck.

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
okay... its been forever... so now Its... RUNNING!!!! Turned out to be rabid chimps eternal shittyness mixing up the intake and exhaust cams therefore no cam gear on the exhaust side to turn the cps... I should have all the body parts together in the next couple weeks, then i just have to get 2 new front tires which isnt hard considering i work for tires plus.... then just have to get it registered insured and inspected.