Wtf!?!?!

EwGoetsch

EdWORD
Jul 12, 2009
Minneapolis Minnesota
noel;1504204 said:
what a great way to start my monring!

The car started just fine this morning, I starting driving just fine about 10mins later i felt some like the car wasnt moveing. When i throw it in nuetral the RPMS dropped to about 400Rpm with no Check Engine light.

i pulled into a gas station and checked Vac. Gauge reads 10-11 pressure not 20-21 ...so i thought a vac./intercooler hose came off...Everything was on

Blackish smoke was coming from the muffler and it was sputtering or misfire i couldnt tell the difference...I kept looking for some Vac. Hoses but nothing and still no check engine light my MAF sensor wasn't dirty and all my spark plugs were firing maybe an injector got stuck?

I drove it around and for some reason the car started acting right ...i drove the hell outa her! and now she idles and vac. is back to Normal...what caused my lost of vac. at ilde??

Had the same problem, did you accidentally spill oil into the spark plug alley? I had the same problem, car ran great, then i make a hour long trip and it runs like shit and can barley hold rpms and black smoke comes out. It was the the oil i spilled in my spark plug alley, the oil sitting ontop of the spark plug that got warmed up and thinned out covered the entire spark plug and valves with oil. I revved my car to 5k rpms and held it there for about 30 seconds, all the black smoke blew out and my car ran fine. take out the spark plugs and spray em with brake cleaner or some seafoam, and plop em back in.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
The DriftMotion kits are good as all the edges have a bead which helps the clamps stay on. Make sure you do use good quality clamps as well. Check all of your PVC hose because those tend to crack. Also, the accordian hose has a tendency to crack as well.

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
Miami, Florida, United States
Poodles;1504282 said:
IC pipe wouldn't magicly fix itself...

U were right is wasn't my IC pipeing or vac. hoses it was 2 Fuked up coilpack wires coming from the shitty harness.. how u ask?

Well this morning the same shit was happening [low idle,low Vac.pressure black smoke] coming from muffler! So i started wiggleing around wires while the car was on

1st. was the CPS nothing no change!
2nd. was the oxygen sensor nothing!
3rd. was the coilpack harness wires BINGO!!

I wiggled it around just alil and the car turned off! i took the loom/tape off and 2 wires [yellow, black/orange] were barely hanging on i bunt connected them and presto! Like new i did this at 8am it's not 9pm and still the problem hasn't returned so ima conclude this by saying it was the coilpack harness wires 2 thumbs down to the ass who put the wires together!!!

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
DBN;1507955 said:
Sorry, I was on my phone and I thought I quoted the guy at the top of the page. I guess I'm just not pro enough at this.

Im assuming you were trying to quote EwGoetsch's post? If thats the case the oil in the plug well causes the wires to short causing a missfire, The black smoke is the mixture burning incompletely. The oil is not being consumed just making the spark weak or short completely. His claim of it coating the valves is incorrect.

The same will happen with water.

OP: Good work with the diagnosis!

DBN

FML
Jan 22, 2009
Fairfield, Ca
Thank you for politely correcting me unlike some people here who always seem to take any shot at an insult that they can. I guess thats the problem with reading too fast. You dont always take everything in lol.