Wrong plugs?

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
After replacing my shattered oil pump drive gear, timing belt, and decided to replace my plugs since I've had them sitting here for 10 months, I have noticed my valves clicking at idle only.

What I am wondering is if they gave me the wrong plugs, I have a GE and the plugs I got I had to re-gap them quite a bit. I don't remember the plug numbers they were NGK's. If they gave me the turbo plugs, which I think the gap was set at, would that cause the clicking that I am hearing?

Oil pressure is 70 cold start and 20 at idle, 45-50 at 3k after warm up.

I double checked the cam marks and TDC also the timing is at 15 deg. AFR at idle is 13.5 cold and 14.5 warm.

Thanks

AJ

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Maybe I can rephrase, would running a turbo plug, which I think is hotter, cause the tapping? This just happens after it's warm and at idle or at least that is when it is more noticeable.

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
I wouldn't think so. I ran 2jz-ge plugs for a while in my 7mgte without any trouble. They were just a little longer.

My plug numbers did they give you? I usually run brk-7e's (or something like that...might be bkr-7e) in my car with no problems.

...and I always have to regap plugs. I've never had a set that I didn't have to regap...ever.