Worth it? CT26 bored to T60

Aug 15, 2008
Navan, Ontario
Hi all, in my region there's a guy selling a ct26 turbo bored to a t60, just wondering if somebody could clarify to me as to what the whole conversion results in, and if it would be worth it since he's only asking $300. BTW, said turbo has 20000km

supersupramk3

average joe
Mar 29, 2009
sacramento, CA
300 is not bad....upgraded ct 60 is pretty nice, although Ive heard it doesnt last too long (reliability) and its got 20000km on it. Go and check it out for shaft play!

honeydew

Supra Freebaser
May 10, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
Ya can you see this turbo first? $300? You do get what you pay for most of the time. Don't listen to that 20K bull. That car could have been beaten everyday of it's life and with an upgrade like that....probably. Look for shaft play ask if you could go invest in having it balanced as well, If the inducer has one minute little scratch or chip it won't spin properly and it'll chernobyl, must be balanced and have no play. However not a bad price if you are looking to rebuild it yourself.

If it's perfect it's a nice little sneaky upgrade with a lot more useable power. The guy who posted above me has a, I believe a real T60-1 inducer with the larger exhaust (and I might add he also has the short list of things you will need to power this hogged out CT.) and you are getting the converted CT26 bored to a T60-1 compressor wheel. The difference will be that you will end up with less lag than his, quicker harder spool in a lower powerband at 20LBS because you are not altering the size of the exhaust wheel. Backpressure. That works againsts you when you want to max out that CT60, you'll fall short of top end horse. The backpressure prevents you from inducing anymore airflow. Huge difference from the stock CT26 thou. So much quicker then it's time to look for a clutch.

I had done the exact thing to my CT26. Lexus AFM, 680's, 2 walhbro's, 3"turbo back reduced to 2.5 at cat but open. Modded fuel regulator, SAFC, Wideband, 6-puck sprung hub. This lasted one terrific night at Cayuga. I gained almost 2 seconds on the 1/4. I couldn't believe how much more reliable power there was. An AEM or Haltech would have been a better idea. SAFC cannot adjust for your stupidity. 78% throttle at 20 LBS. :( SAFC was told at 90+% throttle @21psi needed around 12.4:1 AFR. I hesitated, fell short and it leaned it out bad, popped the HG.