World Cup 2010

dasalvykidd

Sep 1, 2009
516 Long Island
why isnt there a thread dedicated to the World Cup 2010 South Africa
there should be a lot of soccer/football/futbol fans on this site lol
discuss predictions and thoughts about games here

south africa played a good game today i was kinda hoping they wouldve beat mexico but a tie isnt bad

big game tomorrow USA vs England

what do you think??

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
I don't think it's too popular there. Up here everyone supports their 'home' country.

I don't follow soccer too much, so I really can't predict anything.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
aye mate;1583705 said:
USA USA USA! Gotta beat the worst team in our group to move on today! Who else is pumped!?

I am LOL, I've got a bet with the female (she is from germany, and thinks the german team is the greatest) LOL

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Turning out to be a historic WC! Both the reigning champion and runner-up are out in the group stages! I'm predicting 1.Argentina 2.Brazil 3.Spain

RyeLou

May 16, 2010
MI
Today was quite disappointing. We get scored on right off the get go and then it happens again once we push it to overtime. I think the skill is there with a lot of the guys but it doesn't mean anything if you can't put it together into a quality game. The game was almost upsetting to watch at parts.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Agreed. Lalas said it after the Slovenia game. The USA cannot keep giving away early goals, our defense needs some conviction. Early goals just puts more pressure on the offense and takes any pre-game motivation and throws it out the window. That being said, I may have to amend my prediction after watching Germany stomp England! Who else would like to see an Brazil-Germany or Spain-Germany Final?

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
I love the world cup but never watch soccer any other time.

I can't stand the way players dive it makes no sense to me. A team can be driving the ball up field and a player get Touched on the foot, not enough to cause a problem but they hit the ground like they are gonna die. They kill their momentum and just get a free kick out of it which does nothing when they are 40 yards from the goal. If they had just kept moving with the ball they would have had a chance on an actual play.

They act like the point of the game is to get the most penalties called on the other team.

I forget the team, whoever knocked out the US. The guy leapt up for a ball, fell and landed awkwardly and looked hurt. He laid on the ground knowing the time is just wasting away. They run the stretcher from the opposite end of the field and carry him the 5 feet to the side line. As soon as they put him down he jumped up and ran back into the game just fine. He wasted like 3-4 minutes of time that wasn't added to the game, stuff like that makes no sense to me at all.

dasalvykidd

Sep 1, 2009
516 Long Island
both my teams got knocked outed
cry a little bit but i moved on now lol
i hope holland wins i dont want germany getting another cup closer to the cups brazil already has

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm hoping for a Netherlands vs Spain final. It would be nice to see a new name on the cup. Spain is gonna need to step it up though, Germany has been obliterating teams the entire tournament. Spain has the skill they just need to get the chemistry back.