word on the streets

artmo

Mar 1, 2006
Portland, Oregon
www.myspace.com
so my friends dad who works for toyota said i guess the supra is comming out and he said that there not doing the v-8's but inlines again, lol my friend is the boy who cried wolf so he could be fibbing but he said he was serious. so anyone have any info on this topic?

BlkSupra87

Addicted to SupraMania!!
Jun 23, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Last time this rumor came out.... it was a no go... toyota not going to bring back the supra.

I also read it somewhere that no supra for 07 or 08

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
the last auto show i went to was the LA auto show and the toyota rep there said they are working on a new supra but gave no more info

but the best clues i got is from a friend of my girlfriend's .... she knows this guy that owns a car magazine (i keep meaning to ask her which one), this guy is loaded, drives a new car every day it seems, very nice person too... but anyways he gets to test drive every single high end sports car that ever hits the auto shows sometimes before its even displayed to the public. she knows i'm a supra nut obviously and so she asked him and he couldn't say much to her of course, but basically he has driven it already.... that was about 6-7 months ago.

BlkSupra87

Addicted to SupraMania!!
Jun 23, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
:love:
Best news I have heard yet!!!!!

born2drv said:
the last auto show i went to was the LA auto show and the toyota rep there said they are working on a new supra but gave no more info

but the best clues i got is from a friend of my girlfriend's .... she knows this guy that owns a car magazine (i keep meaning to ask her which one), this guy is loaded, drives a new car every day it seems, very nice person too... but anyways he gets to test drive every single high end sports car that ever hits the auto shows sometimes before its even displayed to the public. she knows i'm a supra nut obviously and so she asked him and he couldn't say much to her of course, but basically he has driven it already.... that was about 6-7 months ago.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
I think this toyotas way of publicity stunts, they release different info through different outlets, which inturns gets rumors started. I believe they have something up there sleeve, but only time will tell.I would like to see a new toyota sports car come out regardless of the "badging"

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
The Supra has been coming back since 03!!!!!!!!! I will believe it when I see it........................

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
It's not happening, but I wanna see the new Challenger! With all these musclecar come backs it would be cool to see a Supra to compete with.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
i wished they'd bring it out...knock those mk4 prices down to a reasonable level

with the 350z back out, the rx8, and with the return of gt-r nxt year, i think it needs to come...

edit...um..i mean with gt-r coming to america...

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I would be willing to bet it's all BS, Notice toyota has killed all of thier "sports" vehicles like thel ate supra, celica, and MR-s. Scion is thier new sports, as lexus is thier luxury which I think sucks seeing that scion makes cars that are a bit too rice for me. If they ever made a new "Supra" it would probably ruin the legend that was built and be way to expensive for anyone who truly loves the car.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Duallies, diesels, and bigger engines, actual full size truck options! Should be out in January from what the reps are syaing. The gonna kick the truck market in the ass now too.